PLEASE READ AND BE TRUTHFUL.........

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I recently found a 14K gold girls high school ring chest deep in water, 5 inches down in the sand, south Miami beach. I mean, this puppy was lost forever.......................

Be truthful, no fakes, don't try to impress the ones that read the post, would you go to the high school web page, contact the school, and attempt to find the one who it belongs to?

Now, I'm sure the ones that try to find the owner would post the results on "Honorable Mention" - Where good deeds get noticed!

Attachments

• 14K South Miami Beach 9.1.7.JPG
    14K South Miami Beach 9.1.7.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 907
  • 14K South Miami Beach 9.1.7.JPG
    14K South Miami Beach 9.1.7.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 906
Upvote 0

cazar

Jul 4, 2005
mississippi, beaches of the pacific
Detector(s) used
whites beachhunter, dfx
find out and return it..

I found a ladies purse one time...had everything in it..even a change of
unmentionables...laugh..

returned it to her...and got a nice sloppy kiss.....

respects

caz

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
The thrill of finding the owner and personally giving it back to them is just a thrilling as finding it. MHO ;D

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Hey Buddy,
At the very least try to find the owner.
I have returned many things to some very shocked folks over the years.
One was returned to relatives of a deceased owner.

No I don't want recognition.

You must understand that giving it back makes me feel good.
I'm sorry , that feeling just isn't for sale!
Not for any price.

I can think back on a bad day and feel all warm and fuzzy,
anytime I want.

Thom
Old Dog

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I'd try to return a ring lost that recently. But I have a limit on time, but I don't know how long that is.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I would not return it, it is yours no if, ands, or buts about it.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I found a girls gold class ring from 1983, weighed 8 grams. Contacted the school did a few searches while school tried to contact her. Even did a search and called 30 closest people with same name. School was rude in responding, acting like they were doing me a favor then said they could not find her....I got extremely upset after bouncing back and forth with the school after 3 months out of anger I sold it. Wish I had been more patient, I think sooner or later I would have found her. school said they thought she moved out of state,,,wife did a few searches for me no luck....I sold only because the school really upset me with their nonsense! This was a private catholic school that did not give a damn! :(

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
I'd make an attempt at returning the ring to it's owner.
Been there done that.

Heck even if it was 25 years old and I could make a effort, I'd try to locate the owner. Class rings don't require a reward..their consent to positive publicity in the paper is enough. Gotta look out for the hobby. ;) ;) ;)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I have returned one to a girl that I called a several times trying to get with to "give back" her ring -- she never got back to me -- I finally went to her house & gave it to her nana who said "I'm sorry for my granddaughters rudeness" (her words not mine) she offered me $20 "reward money" which I turned down -- told her nice sweet granny that to me it was just the "right" thing to do -- her granny said "not many folks like you left" -- I said "yup but theres still a few of us" with a wink -- ;) and that was as they say "priceless"--- Ivan

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
Feels better when you return it,its a win win situation.I returned this ring not so long ago. found on the beach in STT the guy lives in Michigan.

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 415
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 400
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 400
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 385

K-Man

Apr 12, 2007
marinette, wi
i would return it. when i was 16 i played soccer and found a class ring on the soccer field to find out it belong to my former 5th grade teachers son boy was she happy i found it then a got a letter from her soon not to long later. so i would say if i found another one i would return it.

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
Tom_in_CA said:
He thought nothing more of the matter. Later that night, they sat down to dinner. There was a knock at the door. Guess who it was?? the POLICE! Turns out the ring had been one of many items stolen during a home burglary a few weeks earlier. The people who had received the phone message on their machine took it as some sort of extortion suggestion :( I guess the thief, when he had been leaving the residence, must've lost it when crossing the school yard, for my friend to find a few weeks later. How was my friend to know? He figured it was a fumble-fingers loss.

Been there & done that too. No more returned rings from me either.

Isn't worth the risk or hassle...........see ya mark

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd return it, because I also lost mine back in high school. It sucked... but eventually I'm hoping someone will find it and maybe return it. It wasn't terribly expensive, it just meant alot to me and was something I had hoped to show my kids some day. :)

Bran <><

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I found one a month ago (an 07) Got in touch with the school admin secretary who said she would get back to me. A couple of days later I get a e mail telling me that she has spoken to some seniors and that they would probably know the girl who lost it. That was the end of that and I have not heard any more.
Now it seems to me that an Admin secretary should be able to find a roster of who is in the school graduating in 07 and find the name in minutes. ???

goldgrubber

Jan 26, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites 5900, Minelab Excalibur
Sure would. I returned one last year that I had found. A 1951 class ring that was lost at the graduating class picnic. Missing for 55 years. I was in four feet of water and the ring was close to a foot deep in the sand. And to be honest,if it didn't have initials in it, it would still be in my treasure chest. It was a gorgeous ring . All gold no stone. He was happy to get it back!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
erikk said:
I found one a month ago (an 07) Got in touch with the school admin secretary who said she would get back to me. A couple of days later I get a e mail telling me that she has spoken to some seniors and that they would probably know the girl who lost it. That was the end of that and I have not heard any more.
Now it seems to me that an Admin secretary should be able to find a roster of who is in the school graduating in 07 and find the name in minutes. ???

All they have to do is check that years Yearbook.
also Files would still be in the District office.

What it comes down to is Women's last names change
when they get married some several times.
and some don't keep track of
their school mates. move away, die, etc.

Also some are just to Disintrested, Lazy, or Paranoid
your a Psycho to even take 5 minutes out their lives to look.

in the past I'v had a couple schools

(Catholic Schools try this) want me to give the rings to them,
to return to the owners. This I will Not do.

I still have one, that the school refuses to help with.
But want me to send it to them.
It's only Sterling, But I don''t trust what they would
actually do with it.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think i can return mine, so i kept it (it's a 1976 one). some companies (like josten) have an automatic insurance policy when you buy for 4 years. I found mine at the school, so, they must have lost it in that four years and got a new one.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
DAVY JONES said:
Be truthful, no fakes, don't try to impress the ones that read the post, would you go to the high school web page, contact the school, and attempt to find the one who it belongs to?

Yes.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
I found a lady's class ring one time that had her name and graduation year engraved inside, and it was platinum. I contacted her, gave her the ring, and she asked me out for lunch. She wasn't really concerned about the ring, but she was a bit overweight and seemed to be more interested in dating me than she was about the ring being returned.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finders keepers, loosers weepers...........................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread