Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gonna see how it does on the oak roots we have out here. I’m sick of breaking shovels. I’ll let you guys know how it works. IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No not the new tool. The picture Of the shovel is that your new one?

Oh no that’s the old one. I’m gonna baby my new one a little more than usual. That’s why when my friend asked me to try out his s tool he made I was all in.

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stick in hole dug...wiggle/probe/jab around some to break up dense dirt...probe with pin-pointer to locate coin if still not found...:laughing7: :laughing7:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stick in hole dug...wiggle/probe/jab around some to break up dense dirt...probe with pin-pointer to locate coin if still not found...:laughing7: :laughing7:

Been rapping up a deal for work and going tomorrow. Been a busy week and I need a break. I’m going to a place where there’s plenty of nail and iron bits. I cleaned out a lot of plugs and find stuff in the middle of all this iron. My plan is too open up a hole take your tool and loosen all the dirt and iron out the walls of the plug and use my huge magnet to get it all quick instead on pinpointing one by one. I have a feeling this will really speed up my process.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

Reminds me of these knives we got one year for training. Turns out another Team was playing a joke on us. It was those Cold Steel Zytel knives. All force on force training is full speed, your gonna bleed when the day is over, then repeat the next day. But those darn things where no joke, I ended up with 50mm deep puncture wound in the forearm. Training doc on site said I had to go to ER. By the time I put my gear away another guy was coming out with one heck of a cut on the back of his hand and wrist.

We got punked pretty good, it was funny. but it was more funny in the shoot house when we gave that other team a serious case of sim pox.

Point is, fun all to poke fun at plastic especially when it looks like it came out of a fun dip package like this tool, but the right kinnd of plastic can puncture vest and metal. I have not worked with this digging tool, but if it is half as good as them Cold Steel plastics then watch out.

Two things though, I get that it is in R&D so this may not be the final product.

Serrated Edge

Kydex Holster (very cheap to produce))

Just saying.

PS, maybe an extra pack of that grape powder too, I always liked that best out of all the fun dips. LOL

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddjob,

Just doing some final R&D before putting it out there in the market place...truth1253 said he would put it through its paces for sure...if anybody can break it I would think he would be the one...A2coins also got one to test...but have not heard much out of him...??? Probably too cold up where he lives. Also this is pretty much the final product before going into production. Still working on the holster aspect...thinking a drop leg holster would work pretty good.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine also I gotta say I think this tool would be very, very, hard to break Im going out with Pallen Saturday its never too cold for me well almost never lol Ill put it to the test. Plus its not heavy!!!! Ill post my honest review of it..Tommy, A2coins,,,, I know truth will also hes a great poster, well known treasure hunter ect Give me a few hunts Ill get back to everyone also. I also made a little strap on the shaft of my At Max that straps right under the handle of the digger stays there no problem being its so light and non metallic no interference with frequency

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It won’t break. Whatever that plastic stuff is it’s strong as hell. I’m 250lbs of raw steal ( well maybe not raw....or steal but close!) It fits perfectly in a bag I got from Matt as well. I give it a thumbs up [emoji1360]

I pulled hard on a think root to move it over a tad to get my hand lesche in there and I had heavy pressure on it. To be honest I was waiting for it to break and falling on my face. I remember thinking for a second damn I’m gonna have to tell your boy I broke it. I was wrong and it did the job I need done. IMG_0012.jpg

Last edited:

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truth1253,

Super easy to clean too...couple drops of dish detergent and a used toothbrush...towel dry and looks good as new...:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Got-Good-Tones

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
truth1253,

Super easy to clean too...couple drops of dish detergent and a used toothbrush...towel dry and looks good as new...:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Got-Good-Tones

I got a gold class ring today didn’t wanna wash off the luck. Lol Man I had some pressure on that sucka and you know I’m not afraid to break stuff. Like I said I’m gonna bring it too my iron nail patch spot dig a plug take it and loosen up all the dirt and nails, take my big magnet suck up all those nails then look for the goods. It loosens up the sidewalls good. I’ll keep in touch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread