Got my new Garrett Ace 250 today!

kycanine

Jul 29, 2007
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For several years I have used a Radio Shack detector, which I bought in 95. I finally broke down and bought a brand new Garrett Ace 250. I waited eagerly for it's arrival for several days. I walked out onto the porch today, and BAM, there it is! I scooped the package up like a fat kid on Halloween, and ran into the house. Scared the crap outa my wife as I began ripping the brown paper off the box and tossing it across the room. I swear I could smell the scent of vanilla and roses as I opened the box. I popped the instructional DVD into the player. and listened in hi-fi stereo sound to what the folks at Garrett had to say. Then I grazed through the instruction book so fast my eyes were cramping up. All the while, my wife is on the phone to some "help line", babbling about something or other. I put my new detector together, and out the door I went, to the backyard. In just one hour I had found two wheats, four modern coins, an old key, some kinda brass tube thingy, and a brass button. I had no problem zeroing in on the target, as has been reported with the Ace 250. After the first find, I realized that the secret was to use the inner coil to target things. I had used my old Radio Shack detector many times in the yard, and missed this stuff completely. This weekend, I plan on packing a sack lunch and heading out to a few places. I think I may actually find something now! 8)

Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kycanine....LOL...I think most of us has been in your shoes. I had a tracking number on mine and said that it was to be delivered on a certain date...I'm a state trooper down here and on that day, I think I stopped every ups truck in town..and never got the right one..lol Congrats on the finds..man, wheats right off the bat...great finds. I think you will love the ace..I wouldn't get rid of mine. I now have a whites that I use in big fields but when I have a place with a lot of trash, I use the Ace with a sniper coil..don't worry, you will end up getting one of those in the future..lol BTW, Welcome to TNet and HH.
SC

OP
OP
kycanine

kycanine

Jul 29, 2007
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the reply, SC_hunter. It's funny that you did reply, though. I am a city cop here. Stay safe. 8)

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will find there are quite a few of us on here...I wanna see some of your finds soon..lol Good luck and most of all have fun.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
you ought to really like that ace! most people that complain that they dont pinpoint well didnt take the time to learn how to do it correctly. it reality they pinpoint quite well. congrats!

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the new Ace. As stated above, I think we all go throught the same thing....
PS, gona have to jot down all the names here when I'm traveling throught the area.... ;D and those reds lights flash...

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JoeSWFF said:
Congrats on the new Ace. As stated above, I think we all go throught the same thing....
PS, gona have to jot down all the names here when I'm traveling throught the area.... ;D and those reds lights flash...
Hey Joe...we use Blue Lights down here..just like at K-Mart..lol

t bird

Greenie
Aug 19, 2005
way to go on your new finds (the coins and the ace 250) i am thinking of getting an ace myself. by the way, what was the radio shack model you have? just curious as i have a discovery 3 made in 1995. have a good one, Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions