Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: New detector= SILVER STREAK!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Semi-precious rock and gem collecter, classic book reader, horse lover, metal detecter gal.

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Bounty Hunter Jr., Garrett Carrot
    865 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Yeah I’ve found more gold and good stuff in the water. I used to hunt a lot in the parks and did pretty good finding some gold rings and silvers. Sandy parts at the beach usually where the towel lines are close to the water are where most stuff is lost out of the water. I get asked too lots of questions lol. I’ve always wanted to try some old abandoned places here in MB.
    Yah I want to do old homes or schools or something but don't know where to find them. Do you mind me asking where you found gold in the parks? (Picnic areas, swings ect.) What types of parks where they? (I don't need name because you might want to keep that to yourself, but what type... playgrounds, sledding hills, etc.)
    Also, where does gold generally ring in? I want to find gold but there are so many signals in the gold range at the playgrounds that I end up giving up because it's too much trash. Gold doesn't jump around too much right? When I found silver it was 71, 72 and it didn't jump. I've a new machine and have only detected one season (which isn't long where we live lol)... and so far I've found several silver items but no gold yet. Another thing... my machine doesn't seem to like loonies. Put one in a plug where I found a penny and it gave jumpy signals and gave no depth indication... it should have because if I found a penny that deep it then a dollar should have shown up much better 'cause it's way bigger.
    Last edited by Mvgirl; May 23, 2019 at 09:06 PM.
    Always check rabbit holes when metal detecting... you never know, there might be karats down there.

Jul 2013
    1086 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Well apparently MB has quite a few ghost towns and abandoned buildings if you google it. When I first started detecting in 2009 I went to a lot of parks and schools. I live in the North Kildonan area, if youíre familiar. The parks I have found gold in were Kildonan park, Birdshill park in the camp grounds early in the spring or fall when no one is camping I would detect the camp sites. Assiniboine park, Mcivor park and a few other smaller parks in the neighbourhood. Schools I didnít do to well in with the gold. One elementary school I found a small 10k ring. A few high schools Iíve found a silver ring a silver pendant and a mercury dime. Gold will ring up as different numbers and in ranges depending on many different reasons , depth, size, ground conditions, type of gold..what Karat purity. I know you said you own a bounty hunter and Iím not too familiar with that detector but if it has a numerical read out then gold is going to fall anywhere from the low 40ís to mid to high 70ís. Now for a general idea womanís thin gold bands will ring up in the low to high 40ís (44-49) and a mans regular wedding band 50ís to mid 60ís and your larger higher karat rings will be higher 60ís to mid high 70ís. On my At Pro I found a mans 17gram 22k gold ring at the beach a few yrs back and it rang in the 70ís I canít remember exact # on the AT Pro but it made the banner finds if you want to read about it. Loonies and toonies are hit and miss as some sound different than others. Some were made of different metals when they first came out. The new ones today can sound jumpy and choppy. Pennies will of course sound better because they were made of copper and nickel back in the day and the newer ones still sound good cause theyíre made of zinc. If you need anymore pointers or would like to try some other beaches and places to detect here in MB feel free to PM me. Iím primarily a beach hunter now but still love to hit the parks once in a while.
    Mvgirl likes this.

Charter Member
    ca
    Sep 2016
    Nova Scotia
    Garrett AT Pro International
    4184 times
    Metal Detecting
    Good job, I love the shiny!
    Mvgirl likes this.

ca
    Semi-precious rock and gem collecter, classic book reader, horse lover, metal detecter gal.

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    865 times
    Metal Detecting
    Well apparently MB has quite a few ghost towns and abandoned buildings if you google it. When I first started detecting in 2009 I went to a lot of parks and schools. I live in the North Kildonan area, if you’re familiar. The parks I have found gold in were Kildonan park, Birdshill park in the camp grounds early in the spring or fall when no one is camping I would detect the camp sites. Assiniboine park, Mcivor park and a few other smaller parks in the neighbourhood. Schools I didn’t do to well in with the gold. One elementary school I found a small 10k ring. A few high schools I’ve found a silver ring a silver pendant and a mercury dime. Gold will ring up as different numbers and in ranges depending on many different reasons , depth, size, ground conditions, type of gold..what Karat purity. I know you said you own a bounty hunter and I’m not too familiar with that detector but if it has a numerical read out then gold is going to fall anywhere from the low 40’s to mid to high 70’s. Now for a general idea woman’s thin gold bands will ring up in the low to high 40’s (44-49) and a mans regular wedding band 50’s to mid 60’s and your larger higher karat rings will be higher 60’s to mid high 70’s. On my At Pro I found a mans 17gram 22k gold ring at the beach a few yrs back and it rang in the 70’s I can’t remember exact # on the AT Pro but it made the banner finds if you want to read about it. Loonies and toonies are hit and miss as some sound different than others. Some were made of different metals when they first came out. The new ones today can sound jumpy and choppy. Pennies will of course sound better because they were made of copper and nickel back in the day and the newer ones still sound good cause they’re made of zinc. If you need anymore pointers or would like to try some other beaches and places to detect here in MB feel free to PM me. I’m primarily a beach hunter now but still love to hit the parks once in a while.
    Thanks for taking the time to write all that and for the tips. Kildonan park is pretty close to where I live but I'm scared to detect it because it's so well taken care of. The dirt is so hard around here that no matter how carefully I cut my plug I end up with a dry spot were the plug was. I try to dig a deep plug but either the ground is too hard so I can't or too soft so it falls apart. Nature parks like Birds hill isn't as scary because they wouldn't be as picky.
    Always check rabbit holes when metal detecting... you never know, there might be karats down there.

Jul 2013
    1086 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Donít be scared to try Kildonan park. Iíve detected their so many times never had a problem. The grounds keepers look at you and could care less. No rules against detecting in our public parks or schools so no worries. As long as you can get the plug out and back in, a little dirt around the whole is no buggy. Iím more scared of the dogs that people let of their leashes in parks and schools than I am worried about a little dirt around my plugs. What you can do is take a towel with you or some guys use a frisbee and lay it down next to your plug...all the dirt you remove from your hole, place on the towel or frisbee and then after youíve recovered your target, just simply pour the dirt back in the whole. Now no dirt or mess left on the ground.
    Mvgirl likes this.

ca

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    865 times
    Metal Detecting
    Don’t be scared to try Kildonan park. I’ve detected their so many times never had a problem. The grounds keepers look at you and could care less. No rules against detecting in our public parks or schools so no worries. As long as you can get the plug out and back in, a little dirt around the whole is no buggy. I’m more scared of the dogs that people let of their leashes in parks and schools than I am worried about a little dirt around my plugs. What you can do is take a towel with you or some guys use a frisbee and lay it down next to your plug...all the dirt you remove from your hole, place on the towel or frisbee and then after you’ve recovered your target, just simply pour the dirt back in the whole. Now no dirt or mess left on the ground.
    But what I'm saying is that my plug almost always dies and leaves dry spots

Jul 2013
    1086 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Yeah thatís what happens. Pretty hard to dig a plug without the grass turning brown after. Iím a landscaper and itís just what happens. After a few rains itíll go back to normal. Wouldnít worry too much. As long as youíre not leaving holes. Lol.
    Mvgirl likes this.

ca

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    865 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yeah that’s what happens. Pretty hard to dig a plug without the grass turning brown after. I’m a landscaper and it’s just what happens. After a few rains it’ll go back to normal. Wouldn’t worry too much. As long as you’re not leaving holes. Lol.
    Oh ok great thanks. I've been worried about that. Whenever I went to a busy park I feel so nervous and am always looking over my shoulder. I'm glad it's not just me making brown spots... I thought I might need a more expensive digging tool that would cut nicer. Thank you so so much I appreciate it a lot! Good luck I hope you find some gold or silver.

Jul 2013
    1086 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Yeah I hope you have a good summer with the gold finds! Maybe Iíll run into you haha.
    Mvgirl likes this.

ca

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    865 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yeah I hope you have a good summer with the gold finds! Maybe I’ll run into you haha.
    Yah maybe... if you see a girl with brown hair detecting ask if she goes on treasure net with the user name mvgirl!

Jul 2013
    1086 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    For sure I will!
    Mvgirl likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links