Terrible plugs! I really want to strangle these idiots.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Apparently the apocalypse is bringing out all the half-assed plug diggers. You know, dirt scattered everywhere, the fully-removed plug just barely resting on the hole.... This pisses me off to no end. I saw them everywhere today. Stomped as many down as I could find, but what can you do? I would really like to run into these people. Hopefully the morons find nothing and end up shoving their machine in the closet.

Please do your best to educate new detectorists on the proper way to retrieve targets so there will not be a feont page picture of someone with an etrac wrapped around their head. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
99% of the plugs I dig are as close to invisible as you can get. But that 1% pisses me off because that will be the one some busy-body finds and has to take pics of and post on the net.

Welcome to 1984...

too_pointer

Apr 24, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett " Carrot " Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been detecting quite awhile now, and this conversation has come up, many times. One thing I "did" notice, that after watching so many detecting vids, it is a very rare that you ever see them cover their holes back up, you see them dig them, but hardly ever see them cover them up ? I dig 95% in the woods, and still cover my holes, nobody can say I didn't, love this hobby !!!!
too_

mrmastadon

Jul 1, 2020
NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Y'all have given me a new paranoia! Not that I haven't just learned something, but now I'm going to be awake at 3:00 in the morning worrying that foxes, skunks and crows are reopening all my plugs :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread