May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Because its a good machine with many capabilities, waterproof, multfrequency, relatively cheap, good ergonomics/weight, decent warranty, and has the ability to change coils/headphones. These were features beach detectorists asked for. The excal/cz21 were heavy as could be. The CTX was $2500! The Equinox is cheaper and just as capable. That's why I have one at least.

Aeds151

Jan 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because its a good machine with many capabilities, waterproof, multfrequency, relatively cheap, good ergonomics/weight, decent warranty, and has the ability to change coils/headphones. These were features beach detectorists asked for. The excal/cz21 were heavy as could be. The CTX was $2500! The Equinox is cheaper and just as capable. That's why I have one at least.

Bingo bango

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was out detecting a state park one time and there was another guy there detecting with his son. Always happy to see another enjoying the hobby I went over and introduced myself. They were using an old Heathkit? detector from the late 60s early 70s.

The guy was visibly ashamed of his machine. He said that he ran into other detectorists and a lot of them made fun of his detector, in front of his son.
This is where I draw the line too. Compassion for their experiences shows a certain kind of awareness. There are enough people out there that go about proving that uncaring selfishness, like stupid, seeks its own level.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only disdain I have for machines are ones made in china, I especially hate the pirated Garret Carrot clones. I keep that to myself unless they start bragging about the great deal they got. People use what they want to use and can afford, so long as it doesn't affect me I generally don't care.

Lucio21

Greenie
May 15, 2020
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Se Ltd.
Fisher CZ3D
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is where I draw the line too. Compassion for their experiences shows a certain kind of awareness. There are enough people out there that go about proving that uncaring selfishness, like stupid, seeks its own level.

I just don't get it. They looked at them and saw an old, build it yourself detector and instead of being encouraging or helpful they just crapped on them. What kind of clownish imbeciles do something like that? Oh well. Hopefully me taking the time to talk to them and include them rather than act like some sort of elitist pig made them realize that the problem is on the tiny men and not them.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I just don't get it. They looked at them and saw an old, build it yourself detector and instead of being encouraging or helpful they just crapped on them. What kind of clownish imbeciles do something like that? Oh well. Hopefully me taking the time to talk to them and include them rather than act like some sort of elitist pig made them realize that the problem is on the tiny men and not them.
Myself, I would want to take a look at the old kit and see how it was made. It’s part of the history and development of metal detecting.
Sometimes it’s what we give and not what we take.

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Equinox is very light weight, which is what I really like about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions