I am tired of not being able to detect Diamond Studs.........HELP! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I am tired of not being able to detect Diamond Studs.........HELP!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Surrender the Booty

Apr 2011
    Royal Palm Beach, Fl
    Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
    431 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2 View Post
    I find stud earrings in water ...fresh and salt - I wear a mask and many times i can see multiple scoop marks around them which tells me
    they are falling thru scoop holes - i will drop down and lightly fan and they are right there
    - I hunt all metal and probably swing slower than most
    With what machine though? A Diamond Stud earring is dead silent on my Xcal II, CTX3030 and ATPro......its basically dead to a Garrett Carrot unless you actually touch the carrot to the stud. Higher Frequency machines (gold machines or gold mode) seem to be able to hit on these though.
    Hardest working man on the beach

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9296 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I guess a more complete answer to your original question would be: IMO, the Gold Bug would be the best for the stud earring, with the Deus #2, Equinox #3, and AT Gold #4, but, all 4 should do the job if you use the correct settings and small coil. As I mentioned, I've found stud earrings with the Equinox that my Excal, Explorers, Etrac, CTX, Several White's all purpose detectors, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, etc. won't hear. A Gold Bug will hear them as well as my White's GM3 Vsat and my PI machines, but, some are not suitable for some search venues. The Equinox does most things well in all sorts of environments.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Surrender the Booty

Apr 2011
    Royal Palm Beach, Fl
    Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
    431 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    I guess a more complete answer to your original question would be: IMO, the Gold Bug would be the best for the stud earring, with the Deus #2, Equinox #3, and AT Gold #4, but, all 4 should do the job if you use the correct settings and small coil. As I mentioned, I've found stud earrings with the Equinox that my Excal, Explorers, Etrac, CTX, Several White's all purpose detectors, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, etc. won't hear. A Gold Bug will hear them as well as my White's GM3 Vsat and my PI machines, but, some are not suitable for some search venues. The Equinox does most things well in all sorts of environments.
    I wonder if the posts I have seen with those not able to find with Equinox are not using the 6" coil? I just can't understand why a machine set on Single Freq 40khz and a 6" coil wouldn't be able to pull out small gold. I am calling Minelab on Monday and pick their brain a bit, because I would really like the Equinox to work. I have already set aside 3-4 gold studs and 3 very fine small chains to test with. These are invisible to my equipment, and its very important to me that the new machine I get can hit on them. Not at any great depth, just an inch or two and I would be happy. I would be testing with the 6" coil.
    Hardest working man on the beach

Jul 2020
    23 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I find a lot of studs and even smaller...just stud backings with my Nox 800 at the beach in beach 2, using the stock 11" coil. I'm not sure why others would have issues finding them, unless they've tweaked their settings somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links