Got One... Silver Sabre II

IronClad

Aug 29, 2007
N. Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Silver Eagle, White's Eagle I, White's Eagle II SL, 6000/Di Series 3, Silver Sabre II
Been fishing for a Sabre or a UMax for some time and I finally snagged a used one. Silver Sabre II in mint condition. Gonna give it a shake down this weekend. Supposed to hit the mid to high 40's here in N. Ohio.
Judging by all the good reviews I have read about the Sabre's and Umax, I think its gonna work out for me. I'LL let ya know if anything good gets dug up.

P.S. I would like a 8'' coil cover for this, so if anybody wants to unload one,,, let me know.

Upvote 0

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1996, I made the best single find of my hobby career using a borrowed, used Silver Sabre II. They are excellent machines.

The find??? It was a 1 ounce gold drop with 10 diamonds-- 1 square cut and faceted and the rest were round, faceted-- NO chips. ;D

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
While not known for being a deep-seeker, it is supposed to be good for seeing in and through iron. Like, try this: Tune the disc. so you just start nixing out nails. Then put a rusty nail over a coin. Does the coin come through? Then try 2 nails, and so on. Powerhouse machines will null out in that test, but the Silver Sabre II will supposedly see through 1 or 2 nails (depending on the size, placement, etc...). Good for ghost town and ruins type iron-laced sites.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
"How much is a silver sabre U-max with the box and paper work worth?"

Uh, the answer is: "however much the market is willing to bear" Do a "finished/completed auctions" search on ebay, or asking prices on T-depot or T'net classifieds, so know what the current prices have been.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Marty@MadisonIn said:
How much is a silver sabre U-max with the box and paper work worth?

A true Silver Sabre uMax in mint condition with everything would easily be worth $225. But make sure it's the Sabre (3 knobs and pinpoint button) and not a new model Silver uMax. Some people call the new Silver uMax (only 2 knobs) a Sabre but they're not. Tesoro no longer makes the Sabre line.

We all have our opinions but I'd take a mint condition Sabre anyday over the new Silver uMax. But, the new uMax machines are also very good. In fact, some say they're just a frog's hair deeper. I've never noticed that myself.

Badger

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
I saw a Silver Saber II for $125 on Graig's List about 5 days ago, in Salem, Oregon. I'm sure there are others somewhere out there in America for the same price. I tried to get it cheaper, but he said no. I missed one for $75 about two weeks before that.

Silver Saber uMaxes are a little harder to find, and a bit more spendy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread