F-2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 409
Upvote 0

kybowhunter

Feb 22, 2006
Detector(s) used
F75 / M6 / Cortes
Re: Badger Buys a F-2

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about it once you've had it in the field a bit.

I will say I do love my F-75.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others

WARNING!

Fisher has now created a MONSTER!

It's called the F-2.

BTW, isn't it a bit odd that the 4" coil gets the same depth on the F-2 as it does the F-4?

BTW Badger, my Sov Elite Pro goes deeper than the SE (AND) the II. It's circuitry power isn't robbed by all the toys.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

EasyMoney said:
WARNING!

It's called the F-2.

BTW, isn't it a bit odd that the 4" coil gets the same depth on the F-2 as it does the F-4?

BTW Badger, my Sov Elite Pro goes deeper than the SE (AND) the II. It's circuitry power isn't robbed by all the toys.

If all this is true about the F-2 this will really...and I mean REALLY...shake up the detector industry!

This could even put some out of business.

Well, I don't know about all that but I'll say this, you're right about these F-2's selling like mad. Many dealers either can't get them or they're sold out.

In a way I really hope all the hype is true. I'd really like to see the Fisher name continue. And too, this will really motivate the other companies to sink or swim.

Badger

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

EasyMoney said:
WARNING!

It's called the F-2.

Easy, what depths are you getting with the F-2?

Badger

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Badger I sure want to hear what you think of this F2. I don't want an F75 if this does the trick on coins and relics. What a cost difference.
Burdie

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

CTH Elf said:
Badger I sure want to hear what you think of this F2. I don't want an F75 if this does the trick on coins and relics. What a cost difference.
Burdie

The word (for whatever) is there's only like 1-3 inches difference (according to target size) between the F-2 and F-75.

We shall see.

Badger

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used

Los Banos, California. Check my (your) last post for full detail.

EasyMoney

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Now i will have to buy one....................==Jim==

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been thinking about getting one of those too Badger.

This post is from another forum comparing the F4 to the BH3300

It sounds good but the depth does concern me a little.

Quote:
[Depth on both detectors is about the same. Using the 8" round coil on both detectors a Quarter on the ground could be detected at about 9.5 inches. Nickels about 9" on both. ]

I am looking forward to your report on the F2.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used

Badger, in medium soil I got 7 or 8 inches on a nickel.

In air I got 10-11 inches, and in the bad stuff I got 4 or 5 inches, just like the Minelabs and White's did.

On a quarter I got one inch more, just like the DFX, Expl and MXT did. This soil is some real nasty stuff here so that's pretty good. My Ace only got 3 inches in that soil, and my Tejon won't ground balance within 3 inches of the worst ground here. Sometimes I want to wrap the Tejon around a tree. I could trim the internal sensitivity pot but I might sell it instead because that would cut down it's depth in the lighter soil. We have some of the worst soil in the USA and the Tejon is SUPER in lighter soil. Add another two inches to all the above for the F-75 depth. Nothing to really brag about, but a slight bit better than the rest.

My White's Surfmaster (best White's I've ever used) gets 8-10 inches and so would any other PI, especially the Infinium. Not sure about the Minelab PI's though, I never have tried them.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

EasyMoney said:
Badger in medium soil I got 7 or 8 inches on a nickel.

In air I got 10-11 inches, and in the bad stuff I got 4 or 5 inches, just like the Minelabs and White's did.

On a quarter I got one inch more, just like the DFX, Expl and MXT did. This soil is some real nasty stuff here so that's pretty good. My Ace only got 3 inches in that soil, and my Tejon won't ground balance within 3 inches of the worst ground here. Sometimes I want to wrap the Tejon around a tree. I could trim the internal sensitivity pot but I might sell it instead because that would cut down it's depth in the lighter soil. We have some of the worst soil in the USA and the Tejon is SUPER in lighter soil. Add another two inches to all the above for the F-75 depth. Nothing to really brag about, but a slight bit better than the rest.

My White's Surfmaster (best White's I've ever used) gets 8-10 inches and so would any other PI, especially the Infinium. Not sure about the Minelab PI's though, I never have tried them.

Thanks Easy!

That depth sounds great. I know for a fact that few machines can consistantly get 9 inches on a buried quarter. My Tesoro DeLeon usually got an average of 7 inches in our soil.

I think I'm going to really like the F-2 as a backup machine. I don't think I'll go with the F-75 though. Only 2 inches more depth for an extra $750 is hardly justified in my thinking. I'll stay with the Minelab Sovereign GT for the high end. And too, that "fishbone" coil on the F-75 makes me feel like hurling. EEE Gads that sucker is ugly. ;D

Well all these new detectors coming when will I find time to even check my new (still in the box) Explorer SE? If the F-2 works for me like it does for you that SE may be gone.

Thanks a bushel and a peck.

Badger

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

let us know when you get a chance Badger, thinking of a f2 or f4 for my son, had a 3300 this summer for him, when i used it drove me nuts, slow target responce, sold it to a buddy.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Hey MB do you want to adopt a kid? I would be more than willing to fill that role!!! You seem to buy a lot of detectors and I sure would like a new one for Christmas. ;D :D ;D :D :)

Seriously let us know what you think about the F2. It looks like an intersting machine.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

I sure will let everybody know what I think but when it comes to this sort of thing we all really have to see it for ourselves in our soils.

Next week I'll prepar some pots of soil to do some testing. We have a couple foot of snow outdoors and the ground is frozen soild.

But the above ground potted soil test will tell me a lot. If this F-2 gets me 8 inches on a dime it's bye bye SE. I'll go back to the GT and keep the F-2.

Right now the GT and F-2 sound like an awesome team. We'll see.

Badger

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.

Badger,

Congrats. on your new toy! If you have read any good field tests on the F2, pls. sand me the link. I hope it's not just a RS 3300 with different paint. I guess we have to wait for spring before you can test it? Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread