Cordless headphones on sale at radio shack. Gonna try it out

rayray3

Jan 17, 2006
Northern WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab EX2, Ace 250, Garrett pinpointer
After my first set that came with my EX2 broke, (the koss plug) I looked into cordless ones. From reading on here it seems that the radio shack model 33-1253 may fit the bill. I went to my local radio shack and found that they are having a sale on them till the 21st of June. So i bought a set for 39.99 normally at 59.00. So im going to try them out. If not they said i could return them within 30 days. I also bought a new plug for the koss headphones for 3.99.

Would anyone else like to comment on these headphones? I have a few hours till they are fully charged and ready to go!

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Fox said:
Joe, I'll answer your last question first.  You don't know much.

Well, That was a $hitty thing to say! 

Silver Fox said:
And the thread is about cordless headphones, not regular headphones where what you say makes sense.  Radio Shack's cordless headphones seem to be exclusive as no one, presently, is offering them.  So if one wants them, R.S. is the only source and criticism goes out the window.

I disagree.  Google search "wireless headphones" or "cordless headphones" and you'll see that there are plenty of options.

Silver Fox said:
Don't put Radio Shack down 100%, maybe 15%.

Silver Fox

If he's had bad experiences with the merchandise there breaking on him, then he has every right to speak up here and let us know! 

Regards,

Buckleboy

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
BuckleBoy said:
Silver Fox said:
Joe, I'll answer your last question first. You don't know much.

Well, That was a $hitty thing to say!

Silver Fox said:
And the thread is about cordless headphones, not regular headphones where what you say makes sense. Radio Shack's cordless headphones seem to be exclusive as no one, presently, is offering them. So if one wants them, R.S. is the only source and criticism goes out the window.

I disagree. Google search "wireless headphones" or "cordless headphones" and you'll see that there are plenty of options.

Silver Fox said:
Don't put Radio Shack down 100%, maybe 15%.

Silver Fox

If he's had bad experiences with the merchandise there breaking on him, then he has every right to speak up here and let us know!

Regards,
Buckleboy
Buckleboy: why do I get the feeling that when I post helpful posts/replies you never join in. But the minute I criticize someone, BAM! there you are criticizing me!

1-He asked a question and based on his reply I started my reply by answering HIS question.
2-The thread is not about cordless headphones in general but specialized Radio Shack headphones that allow you to plug a dongle in the detector's headphone out jack. I don't know of any similar product but if you know of similar models, tell us brand and model.
3-He not only complained about bad experiences with some of the items that he bought, he condemned Radio Shack, period. It was a blanket statement. That cannot be ignored. We need Radio Shacks even though his negative comments are not going to affect Radio Shack to ruination.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Fox said:
Buckleboy: why do I get the feeling that when I post helpful posts/replies you never join in.  But the minute I criticize someone, BAM! there you are criticizing me!

I never join in when you give your typically thorough and correct answer.  My reply is not needed in that instance.  But when you criticize someone for no good reason, I'll defend them!

Silver Fox said:
He asked a question and based on his reply I started my reply by answering HIS question.

I didn't see a question mark after the phrase "But what do I know."  You mistook that for a question because you were Hell-Bent on being a Prick in your reply.

If a corporation is making crappy products, I think we all have a right to know before we buy--even if it's word-of-mouth.  Let's face it--he spoke negatively about Radio Shack, and evidently you own stock in them, or feel like they're Awesome since they were originally a local store for you, or something-but you issued a put-down. 

So the thread is specifically about the "dongle" headphone thingys--well, what was said about Radio Shack's product quality could just as easily affect that product as well.  It has no warranty built-in. 

And let's say just for sake of argument that his blanket criticism doen't belong on this thread.  Then in that case, neither does your blanket praise.  You don't own the item in question either.

Get out there and spend the 60 bucks so that you can give some feedback that's worth a damn on this thread.

Regards,

Buckleboy

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Hey guys, I didn't mean to sound callous. Silver Fox, I'm glad you like Radio Shack and its products. My experiences with Radio Shack have been less than stellar and I thought I'd chime in. Maybe different Radio Shacks use different distributors, I don't know. Over here, they are closing left and right. Nobody really shops at Radio Shack over here anymore and I think I know why.

"But what do I know"...it was a rhetorical question. I like reading your posts and you always have something interesting to say. I don't want to be the root of bad blood. Let me buy you a drink. Viva Cuervo?

Joe

OP
OP
rayray3

rayray3

Jan 17, 2006
Northern WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab EX2, Ace 250, Garrett pinpointer
Soooooo.....anyways....

About the headphones.... Anyone have any experience with theirs? Ive been out 5 times and they are still working great!!!

God bless Radio Shack!!!! LOL

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
twistidd said:
Hey guys, I didn't mean to sound callous. Silver Fox, I'm glad you like Radio Shack and its products. My experiences with Radio Shack have been less than stellar and I thought I'd chime in. Maybe different Radio Shacks use different distributors, I don't know. Over here, they are closing left and right. Nobody really shops at Radio Shack over here anymore and I think I know why.

"But what do I know"...it was a rhetorical question. I like reading your posts and you always have something interesting to say. I don't want to be the root of bad blood. Let me buy you a drink. Viva Cuervo?

Joe
Hi twistidd: I don't like to get on anyone's cases as everyone has a right to their opinion. But a blanket statement is not an opinion and that's why I reacted negatively to yours and I apologize for my harshness. You no doubt have some issues with SOME Radio Shack products and you are not alone. But RS does sell major brands and if they produced as many bad experiences as yours they would have been out of the picture long ago.

I have no idea what percetange fails when a store has thousands of items and most of these items are produced en masse in foreign countries with less than ideal quality control. But it's to RS reputation that they still exist providing most of the U.S. population with needed and necessary items, sometimes not available anywhere else such as the headphones that some rave about, available in almost every town/city.

rayray3 feels the opposite and says in his reply about the headphones: "God bless Radio Shack!!!" That's a great endorsement.

Now, about that drink, Cuervo will certainly do! Here's to you. :occasion14:

S.F.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
This has nothing to do with the Radio Shack headphones (BTW - I still shop there sometimes), but wouldn't it be nice if metal detectors manufactures had our best interests at heart and built in blue tooth technology into their detectors? Then you could by any bluetooth stereo headphones and just pair them up with you machine and start detecting wire free! But then again..."What do I know"

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmercal said:
This has nothing to do with the Radio Shack headphones (BTW - I still shop there sometimes), but wouldn't it be nice if metal detectors manufactures had our best interests at heart and built in blue tooth technology into their detectors? Then you could by any bluetooth stereo headphones and just pair them up with you machine and start detecting wire free! But then again..."What do I know"

Now THAT'S an idea!! :thumbsup:

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
Totally agree with Farmercal. These metal detector companies are really not setting the world on fire as far as helping the user. New user friendly accessories would certainly be nice! Why would White's or Minelab or the others want us to shop at Radio Shack.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My experience with the Rad Shack headphones is that they worked great - for awhile. Glad I bought the warranty. What happens is that at high frequency, the audio breaks up, distortion. I don't know if they can handle the freq response of my detector.
I shopped RS for along time, built several loudspeakers, do it your self projects, detector, etc, and they always crap out sooner or later.
In this case, I'll just have to use the cordless phones for something else.

AMC

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The Koss headphones are the best that I have. They are wired tho.
Wireless would be great. I have a small transmitter that will broadcast on the FM band.
Will have to find wireless FM headphones that will pick it up.
Don't know what frequencies bluetooth is on but that would be good.
Tandy/Radio Shack has changed a lot over the decades.
They seem to have gotten away from radios and into computers, tv's, and audio.
Still the closest place for me to buy a PL-259 connector. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread