Any ideas on where the silver might be hiding?

Z

zenith82

I've only been seriously detecting for a year and I've made a few neat finds. I hunt whenever I get a chance (usually weekends) and I've recovered about 4,000 coins so far. The only thing I've noticed is the lack of silver that seems to come my way. Of those 4,000 coins, only two have been silver, a 1945-S Walking Liberty half and a 1956 Roosevelt dime. There have been about 100 or so Wheaties (1912 to 1958) and an 1890 Indian Head. The rest have all been clads or memorials.

I always try to hunt older neighborhoods. I've hit around schools (here in WV they've paved most of the schoolyards for some strange reason so I have to be content hunting around the buildings), grass medians, parks, and the like pretty hard. I've also hunted around a few older houses, but people in southern WV usually don't seem to be too willing to give permission.

I'm going to be relocating to King George, VA in about a month. Does anyone out there have any advice on other possible areas to hunt so I might increase my silver finds some? I've recovered Wheaties at about 8" or so before, so I don't think depth is a problem. And I'm fairly certain the areas I'm hunting have not seen much if any hunting in the past.

Thanks and happy hunting,

Tom

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread