how to increase the sensitivity ACE-250

kamgort

Dec 23, 2009
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
I found an easy way to slightly raise the sensitivity of the device without making changes. To do this, you just need to fine-tune the apparatus with R48.

1. Install resistor. We note the position of the resistor marker and make a turn counterclockwise until it stops thin screwdriver.

You can control the oscilloscope signal at the output resistor/

In the factory setting is set to sine amplitude 30V .. With the help of the resistor can increase the amplitude of 3.5 volts. As a result, the sensitivity of the coin has risen by about 4 cm in the air, when other conditions remain unchanged.Discrimination works well.

Attachments

• ACE_sch_1__1_.gif
    ACE_sch_1__1_.gif
    43.5 KB · Views: 9,589

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R48 sets the GB point, so in air tests you may pick up depth, but in mineralized ground you will likely lose depth.

OP
OP
kamgort

kamgort

Dec 23, 2009
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Carl-NC said:
R48 sets the GB point, so in air tests you may pick up depth, but in mineralized ground you will likely lose depth.

Spring check. Remains a bit...

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
Maybe in Russia they don't have so much mineralized ground.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good mod...might not work for everyone though

Trass Boulba

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2010
Hello,

Has anyone else tried this mode ?

Soldering a sensitive 20K variable potentiometer should give us a ground balance adjustment on ace 250 ?

Sorry for my poor english.
Regards
Raphaël

OP
OP
kamgort

kamgort

Dec 23, 2009
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Trass Boulba said:
Hello,

Has anyone else tried this mode ?

Soldering a sensitive 20K variable potentiometer should give us a ground balance adjustment on ace 250 ?

Sorry for my poor english.
Regards
Raphaël
Adjusting the cost of feeding on the generator. This allows for greater signal transmission

Trass Boulba

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2010
Should you tell me more about tha modding ? Juste increasing the number of batteries ?

Regards
Raphaël

OP
OP
kamgort

kamgort

Dec 23, 2009
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Trass Boulba said:
Should you tell me more about tha modding ? Juste increasing the number of batteries ?

Regards
Raphaël
Adjustment is done by sensitivity.
Regards
Poul

Trass Boulba

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2010
Hello Kamgort,

If i've understood everything, i just have to turn r48 counterclock until the end.
Then, my ace 250 will be more powerful.

The ground is very mineralised near my house cause i leave on an old mountain. Will this tuning work for that kind of ground. Do i have just to decrease the sensivity to make my detector efficient ?

Regards
Raphaël

OP
OP
kamgort

kamgort

Dec 23, 2009
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Trass Boulba said:
Hello Kamgort,

If i've understood everything, i just have to turn r48 counterclock until the end.
Then, my ace 250 will be more powerful.

The ground is very mineralised near my house cause i leave on an old mountain. Will this tuning work for that kind of ground. Do i have just to decrease the sensivity to make my detector efficient ?

Regards
Raphaël
Hello Raphaël .
All true.'ve Got to adjust the oscilloscope r48 .. The photo shows how the amplitude of the signal.
Regards Paul

Trass Boulba

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2010
Hello Paul,

So this mode increases the power of the ACE 250. In fact the R48 doesn't seem to drive the ground balance but the power of the coil. Is that right ?
I've not done the mod for the moment cause i'm first recording how deep my detector goes with the little and the big coil before.

Which function does the second potentiometer drives (the one located 2cm on the right and 2cm up from the R48) ? I don't find it on the circuit map.

Yesterday i attached the wire of the coil really firmly on the stick with some rubber and i turned the sensitivity to 7. There were no more false signals when prospecting in the forest. but maybe the fact that it has rained the day before helped too. I'll tell you if it is better even when the ground is really dry.

Regards
Raphaël

james231

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In order to increase sensitivity using a wooden ruler for measurement. Set the Ace at full sensitivity. Than wave different objects under the coil. Find out distance at which the ACE hits on the targets. Again lowering the sensitivity one notch at a time. you would find idea of your coil performing at different sensitivity settings.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's not enough to help that thing out
it's going too false even more now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions