Ace 250/150 Modification.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Dec 2006
    74 times

Ace 250/150 Modification.

I thought I would post this arm cuff extension I've been working on to my Garrett buddies. It helps with fatigue and reduces the coil heavy feel. Also shifts the balance point 3 inches closer to your grip. Being longer it reduces the torque on your arm. Now the cuff fits on the big area of your forearm for a better fit. I call it the Garrett Gizmo. What do you think?

us
    Mar 2010
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
    1 times

Re: Ace 250/150 Modification.

Hi,
    I don't have an Ace myself, but you did a great job on that mod. I can see how that factory setting would get on your nerves. Looks Good!

Dec 2006
    74 times

I think when Garrett made these machines they thought maybe kids were going to buy them? I never had any machine with such a short arm cuff. Since most users are adults the cuffs don't fit very well. I have been using one of my first extension for over a year. I also gave several away with great feedback. So I made a few changes and decided to share them.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2007
    Oklahoma
    Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
    10 times

Khouse, sure looks good to me. How can I get one for my 250? Please PM me.

HH

Desertfox
    Happy Hunting

Desertfox
    (Paul)

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1052 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

That is one sweet idea. Where did you get that piece for the extension and what was the ID (inside dimension) for the extension tube?

Dec 2006
    74 times

The extension is not a tube. I make them from solid 6061 hardened aluminum stock. I turn the od at .675 for a nice tight slip fit on the small diameter of the Gizmo. I buy the material in large quantities since I'm making several at a time. Your best bet would be a local supply house that sells by the foot.

us
    Mar 2010
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
    1 times

Hi Everyone,
    Since this thread was started, I have purchased a 250. It's a good little machine, but quickly found out that I couldn't use it for long periods of time. I have back problems, and heavy machines just kill me. The Ace is nice and light, but the arm cuff position was a problem as it makes the detector feel heavier than it is. I remembered this thread and ordered one of these extensions to try. Problem solved for me! It does still feel a bit nose heavy, but I can use the Ace a lot longer now. It's much more comfortable to use.
    The piece was shipped really fast and is of very nice quality. The fit was excellent. This was something that worked out great for me, so I recommend it for Ace users everywhere. Just my two cents worth. Thanks again Khouse!

Dec 2006
    74 times

Slowandsteady,
    So glad it's worked out for you. Thanks for the review!
    Kenny
    mowerdog@gmail.com

Jul 2018
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    great job. and i have been looking for something like that for a 400i. isent it the same tube ?

Sponsored Links