Garrett 350 modification.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use an AT PRO and love it... But I hung on to the 350 as a spare/loaner. Easy to use and works great for relics at the ranch when dad is feeling like he wants to get in on the hunt.

Question is, how the hell do ya tighten up the shaft wobble without just lagging a bolt thru the shaft? Any decent plastic cam locks or the like out there?

Sent from Tejaas' IPhone

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure on that model but on my bounty hunter I used Clear packing tap. The 3M and Scotch brand tape is thicker then the cheap stuff and I think they have some extra thick version. I used the standard Scotch clear packing on mine took nearly all the play out of it while still being able to adjust it with out impedance.

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the tip! Very cost effective!

Sent from Tejaas' IPhone

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The cam locks from the AT Pro should fit, most dealers carry them.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Wayne,

I cannot believe I didn't think of that. I really like that idea.

I'm ashamed to say I was not familiar with your MDS business... I just checked out your online store.
Does the Garrett pro pointer shaft mount really provide a nice firm grip? I like that concept I just do not want to be always having to pick up a pro pointer that falls out at every chance!

Lastly, do YOU carry the cam locks for an AT Pro?

I'd prefer to just buy them from you if you stock them. I'm very "pro" spending money with Texas based companies

No offense to Bart/Big Boy Hobbies up there in Oklahoma! Haha!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mount works fine, you just push it all the way in until its snug.

I have the cam locks in stock, give me a call at your convenience tomorrow and I'll take care of you.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The mount works fine, you just push it all the way in until its snug.

I have the cam locks in stock, give me a call at your convenience tomorrow and I'll take care of you.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

Wayne,

Perfect... I think I'm gonna ask give you some business on a pro pointer mount, too.

Gimme a week to get back home and ill give ya a ring!

Thanks much!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread