wirenut

Tenderfoot
Sep 6, 2013
Little Elm, TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detect at night just because here in Texas it gets so hot in the summer. I have made a simple accessory that plugs into the headphone jack on my Ace250 but this will work on any metal detector.
I built a simple transistor switching circuit inside a headphone jack plug that connects to the switch of a flashlight, the flashlight is mounted part way up the arm of my 250 facing the coil. The best thing about this mod is that the flashlight only comes on when i get a hit! Also, i dont like to wear headphones so it eliminates the loud speaker on my detector.
If anybody is interested in this mod let me know.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detect at night just because here in Texas it gets so hot in the summer. I have made a simple accessory that plugs into the headphone jack on my Ace250 but this will work on any metal detector.
I built a simple transistor switching circuit inside a headphone jack plug that connects to the switch of a flashlight, the flashlight is mounted part way up the arm of my 250 facing the coil. The best thing about this mod is that the flashlight only comes on when i get a hit! Also, i dont like to wear headphones so it eliminates the loud speaker on my detector.
If anybody is interested in this mod let me know.

Hey, thats sounds pretty interesting...It doesnt interfere with your Coil?..I too live in Texas, and have been hitting spots at night time...the Pinpointer Light just dont work for me.

i would totally be interested.

bikermike

Jul 14, 2012
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, 6.5x9 coil, 4.5 sniper coil, 5x8DD coil, Garrett AT Gold, Centec pinpointer, Garrett pro pointer, Ames digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also would be interested in how this works. Maybe you could do a video for us.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wirenut

Tenderfoot
Sep 6, 2013
Little Elm, TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a quick pic of the rig up, i will do some videos tonight of it working. I have permission to hunt on some large acreage which has a couple of abandonned houses and several old barns. I will be taking the kids so im sure one of them will video the whole thing!
2013-09-07 11.55.46.jpg

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a quick pic of the rig up, i will do some videos tonight of it working. I have permission to hunt on some large acreage which has a couple of abandonned houses and several old barns. I will be taking the kids so im sure one of them will video the whole thing!
View attachment 859368

Looks great man!

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to seeing the video...I'm in Houston and just too hot in summer and my weekends are tied up for 14 weeks in the fall with the Renaissance Festival.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread