W.T.F

Greenie
Mar 22, 2013
Quebec
Detector(s) used
Never
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello members, these images are from a new carbon class, multible fall ancient meteoritefield recovery. I recovered 3 specimen like it and others. Working (hobby)on a straight broken off, fragment, it was only polishing (5 hours wet) the already plan surface, just to see that nothing happend? Maybe a little cleaning been done, thats all. Than after the inspection of the worked surface, i sah with a lupe black microscopic holes peppered the matrix. (?) Later in light reflect, the before black holes, been no holes at all, each hole is filled with a nanodiamond. I managed to take images from the matrix,(nanos) a 10mm magnet beside nanos and one complet specimen multible shocked and oriented. A super hard black carbon matrix, full with nanodiamonds, therfore nearly impossible to polish. (Siliconcarbit?) No magnet.attr.
What is you guess, does anyone ever had such a find elsewere?
Any idea who to contact? phpeEN3NzAM.jpg phpH2yXoKAM.jpg phpSqnygaAM.jpg

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look up Ureilite.
Neat find, You have to use diamond to polish diamond.
I read an article last year that speculated that all black diamonds may be extraterrestrial.
There is a plethora of info on places to send meteorites for ID online.
I would be interested on your findings.
Thanks for posting the pics & description.

OP
OP
W.T.F

W.T.F

Greenie
Mar 22, 2013
Quebec
Detector(s) used
Never
Primary Interest:
Other
Three more pics, (Urelite, Carbon subclass !) from the ,,same,, recovery, different high carbon specimens, they have all the same Carboncrystalline signature. These (Black diamond, fragments) are tough polycrystalline multilayer crystalls (same as the carbonados from arfrica and brasil, which are since 2010 scientific space origin determined). Anyhow nobody can tell, from which Supernova they are from. Urelites are older than our galaxy it self and a few hold water.
Is there better matter :notworthy:
Lets imagine a Supernova explosion ray, pulverized micron matter, injected in space at a speed unknown to us.
Probab. in 4.5 to 5 billion lightyears enough time to take on other forms like bl. diamonds, which are able to impact, with anything in its way and a carbonsub class is born. I hope you like the pics.
Shrinked images
php59HIZNPM.jpg phpermNymAM.jpg phpoSLqEoAM.jpg

patfreak

Apr 20, 2013
hi can anyone help me identify these i found it digging through rock clay..tia

Attachments

• image-716669819.jpg
    image-716669819.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 384

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds very rare. Even ordinary meteorites sometimes have just trace carbon. Is the base material carbon?
I'm told there are diamond stars. Carbon based that collapsed on themselves. Don't tell De Beers that the sky is full of diamonds. They might give up and leave Canada.

OP
OP
W.T.F

W.T.F

Greenie
Mar 22, 2013
Quebec
Detector(s) used
Never
Primary Interest:
Other
Suspected to exist, but never found. It is the matter ,,Carbonado called,, diamonds are made of. One crystal is made out of millions of micons, the other rare metalls are in form of oxides. The image in the middel and left, has little gold crystalline within, which is the only soft matter. The complet matrix is acid proof.
The left image, highly magnetic attr. squezzed micoscopic water drops, out of the matrix, enough to wet my finger tip, after cutting.(no tast8-) Nothing officiel jet, but a good man is working on it. Anyhow, all the good stuff had to come from somewhere.
I had better beers tasted, than canadian. :laughing7: Take care. W.T.F

OP
OP
W.T.F

W.T.F

Greenie
Mar 22, 2013
Quebec
Detector(s) used
Never
Primary Interest:
Other
No, an ancient (surface) meteorite find(no digging). Recovery was in2009. Have a nice day.

arra44

May 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello members, these images are from a new carbon class, multible fall ancient meteoritefield recovery. I recovered 3 specimen like it and others. Working (hobby)on a straight broken off, fragment, it was only polishing (5 hours wet) the already plan surface, just to see that nothing happend? Maybe a little cleaning been done, thats all. Than after the inspection of the worked surface, i sah with a lupe black microscopic holes peppered the matrix. (?) Later in light reflect, the before black holes, been no holes at all, each hole is filled with a nanodiamond. I managed to take images from the matrix,(nanos) a 10mm magnet beside nanos and one complet specimen multible shocked and oriented. A super hard black carbon matrix, full with nanodiamonds, therfore nearly impossible to polish. (Siliconcarbit?) No magnet.attr.
What is you guess, does anyone ever had such a find elsewere?
Any idea who to contact? View attachment 775019 View attachment 775020 View attachment 775021

Nice finds. Nanomaterials like these nanodiamonds or fullerenes are rare in nature (you can read some more (deleted by mod rule violation). The reasons are a rather extreme conditions that produce them (lightning strikes, meteor impacts etc.). These "boubles" you can see on your samples were formed while meteor burned through the atmosphere an are one of the characteristics how to spot a meteor fragment. Really cool find indeed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread