Maybe good coin site in Detroit

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Hi all. I originally posted this under Treasure leads, but got no response. Maybe the area is just too dangerous to hunt. Don't know, as I haven't been there in 20+ years. Anyway, the picture below shows the house my dad grew up in and the ball field he played in as a boy growing up in the 40's. The field is still there and the houses were built around 1910. As was the church. If anyone is interested in hunting this I would appreciate any feedback. I live in CA so I wont be able to hunt it myself. Thanks all HH ;D. Check ou t my post under Treasure Leads for a little more info.

Attachments

• Detroit, St. Anthoneys.jpg
    Detroit, St. Anthoneys.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 199
  • Detroit, St. Anthoneys.jpg
    Detroit, St. Anthoneys.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 190

robo

Aug 21, 2006
Wyandotte, MI.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Minelab 705, Tesoro Vaquero, And my Favorite, CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Other
As I live Downriver (Just South of Detroit) I spend a fair amount of time going downtown. Going to Mexican town. Red Wing & Tiger games. The area is LOADED with great areas I would like to hunt. There is only one major problem. Just to UNSAFE. Maybe with a group of guys it would be something that could be done. I would never try and go to any spots in Detroit by myself. My best friend is a Lieutenant in the Detroit Police Dept. and tells me if you value your life and property it is best to stay away. There is so much crime that is never reported or put on the news. It really is sad because that town is loaded with history. If some of the thugs kill people for a pair of sunglasses or designer basketball shoes they surely wouldn't hesitate to rob you for your metal detector!

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detroit had nothing but blood soaked in the ground since it was found... even the indians were cannibals way back when.. i was reading a book on some of the history of detroit, its sad that there is nothing but death in that city.. it has to be cursed, but i would join a group of people and hunt. i do have a few realitves in the wayne county sheriffs department. maybe they would hunt with us, at least they be packing. i was working one time near gratiot one day and our trailer was just 100 feet away from us and that thing was stolen right in front of us, it was weird but also funny how they just took the dam thing away..

OP
OP
mxtman2

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Thanks for the input guys. I just remember visiting my grandparents there in the 60's and the area then was already in decline. My grandfather still had coal heating. Us kids used to wait for the "Coal Man" to come and dump coal in the basement. What Fun! Anyway I guess the best way to hunt Detroit is with a 45 cal. pinpointer! My grandparents moved out of there after the 68 roits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread