Tiger shark has arrived

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i got the tiger shark today. and im going to be pulling my hair out or whats left... 7 control knobs? unreal... 4 knobs outside and 3 controld inside... i cant wait to use it. but it is a heavy machine... if anyone here has one let me know how it should be set for freshwater. till then im going to air test the heck out of it till i can get the ground balancing set... that is one thing that dont make sense the book says to air test and later ground balance....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder myself who writes these manuals. The air test just gives you an idea of how it will respond. Once ground balanced it may respond differently to a target in the ground. Pay attention to which inside control is which as you don't want to turn the sens. thinking it is the volume or threshold. It is hard to get it back where it was, but not impossible. I asked Tesoro to color code the pots, but that is more labor.

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured it will take me time.. soon as the grounds thaws ill go outside and play with it... and then hit the water.. i mean right now it rang my ears off when i put a gold ring near it so thats good for me... i did e-mail the guy and asked him if he set it up for salt water, since he is from n carolinia... i was also messing around with my cibola this morning.. there is no way in heck i would ever sell or trade my cibola, its just a awsome machine with depth and i found out it was a all terrain machine which i didnt know... but if this tiger shark is as good as what they say, anyone here dont lose a ring it couild be in my collection... HURRY UP SPRING

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
I am looking at one of those myself. I am really interested in trying water hunting this year.
I am also looking for a Tesoro land machine this year. Maybe a Tejon or a Cibola. How heavy is that Cibola?
Dan

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the cibola is about 3 pounds very light, i love it, the cibola is so far the best thing i ever bought... the tiger shark is heavy im going to make a body mount for it.. i havent hunt with it yet soon as i do and find stuff i will be posting pics, im takeing the tiger shark to florida in 2 weeks for beach hunting and in water

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Planet1mars,

I've got a lot of hours in on the TS, let me know if I can help you with it. (DON'T, touch the sensitivity pot inside the control box!) Joe

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its still set from factory, but i do get a humming noise but it still could be ground balanceing

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
It doe's not like saltwater/wetsalt sand. It will work but at about 30%-50% less depth. Good unit for freshwater! I've got the Stingray 2

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
Planet1mars said:
the cibola is about 3 pounds very light, i love it, the cibola is so far the best thing i ever bought... the tiger shark is heavy im going to make a body mount for it.. i havent hunt with it yet soon as i do and find stuff i will be posting pics, im takeing the tiger shark to florida in 2 weeks for beach hunting and in water
Thanks. Sounds like something I need to look at. I currently have a Whites MXT. It's a great detector, but it is killing my bad shoulder. I have never tried water hunting, but I want to this year. Will be watching for your reports on the TS.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences with these so far.
Dan

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Planet1mars said:
its still set from factory, but i do get a humming noise but it still could be ground balanceing

The humming noise is due to the threshold setting which is inside the control box not the ground balance. The threshold is the other pot along side of the sensitivity pot. If you want to change the threshold setting make sure you get the right pot. You should only use a nonmetallic screw driver in there. Joe

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, i will do check that out as it get warmer.....and a marker so i can mark the settings

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the Tigershark for 2 years and the Cibola for 3 years and both are fantastic machines. batteries in the Tigershark last most of a summer and I water hunt a-lot. I don,t like the Pin-Point on the Cibola, so I don't use it. It still pinpoints excellently in motion mode. I haven't changed the settings on the Tigershark since originally setting them.

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree on the cibola, i Never use the red button at all.. so far the tiger shark seems good. i took it to a park to test it out, but im still learning the machine...

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-
For the weight i moved the control box to under the arm cuff seemed to help for me, For the beach i ground balance set the disc to like 3 and hunt, everything else i keep at stock settings

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im still not sure if im ground balancing it right yet. i went to a park and found a coin and a pin but not sure if it set right

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread