Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
I'd go but I don't know of any spots around here for a group of folks besides hunted out parks.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats the clincher. Need someone with a large estate, private land, etc, that would give permission to a group to "violate" their property LOL !

AMC

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Hey guys thanks for the replies, I am sure we can come up with something. I have a fairgrounds near me thats been around since 1840's and I still find old coins there, got a 1853 large cent and 1874 IH there last fall.plus a ton of clad to be had and always pull up some very old and interesting relics as through the years the fairgrounds has bought up many property's and tore down many old buildings leaving behind many finds yet to be discovered. This is just one thought and I have several other places in mind that could be hunted with no problem so lets hear what ya think?

HH
Slipperyjack

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Ok, now where is Mendon Michigan?

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Jack,

I might consider a hunt also. Just remember though that you are way down by the Indiana border & with gas selling for $4.00 a gallon you might not get too many takers. My wife & I are nearly going broke just getting enough gas for her to get to work. I'm not working so most of the time I stay close to home. I am planning to make a run to Indiana one of these days and could certainly work in a hunt as my business there only takes 10 minutes or so. I'll try to keep an eye on this post to see how its going. I notice that you found a 1909 vdb...so did I a month or so ago. Also found a 1909 plain. Neither one is worth a whole lot, unfortunately.

Bob

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Jim Mendon is about 20 miles south of Kalamazoo. The hunt does not have to be held here,that was just a suggestion but if anybody has an idea of a place they think a group of MDers could go and hunt comfortably I am all ears! I know the Gas prices are hurting everyone right now and i am sure that will play a determining factor in how many of us can get together but i still hope to meet alot of you fellow Michiganders and if not on a group hunt just give me a shout and maybe we can arrange a one on one hunt. Keep those ideas coming and maybe we can pull this off

HH
Slipperyjack

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
well that would be cool to get a bunch of people together, as for a spot to do it that might actually have some finds on it??????
My suggestion would be maybe to send a note to Gypsyheart and see if she would find a suitable location, she seems to be an nothing short of an expert when it comes to research and homework, take a look at her postings, I'm guessing we would have to plead and beg a bit for her to give up anything good but might be worth a shot.

I'll drive anywhere

DanTheMan

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Hey, your not tooooo far from me. Right off of M-60. I think the fairground site would be a great spot for a group of people. Lets do it. Jim

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
OK folks lets set a date and see how that goesHow about June 21? lets here yer suggestions!

Slipperyjack

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Jack, I'm only 30 or 40 miles north of K'zoo so 60 or so miles ain't too bad; just might be able to make that. Keep us posted. We will need a meeting spot.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Like Jim C. said, nothing here for a group except hunted-out parks, (although Sharp park is 450+acres, city park, 1900). Only hunted that park once myself, there was also a zoo at one time....Jim C. , ever hunted Sharp park? Duane

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Yep, I've detected it a few times over the years. I like the older stuff so didn't hit it much. I did find a civil war button there though. Also some newer silver and a gold diamond ring. My dentist told me one of his patients claimed to have found a gold coin there amoungnst the flower beds. Wish I could detect the front of the musuem. For some reason I have never asked to. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Everyone coming here would have to gain permission from the parks dept. thats the only pain of detecting here in Jackson with a large group.

mamakit84

Aug 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there,
I realize this post is from a while back but I wondered if you guys might be interested in sweeping our property. I lost my engagement ring a couple of weeks ago and we've been looking everywhere for it. It was an heirloom, so we'd much rather find it than replace it. In exchange for searching for my ring, you can keep any treasures you may find, and you can sweep the area around our property as well. We have 2 1/2 acres, and the area next to our yard used to have a farmhouse sitting on it back in the 1800's so there's probably some good stuff out there. Anyway, we're in Mendon, MI, and if you're interested, you guys can come out any time. Just let me know!

Thanks,
Kit

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there,
I realize this post is from a while back but I wondered if you guys might be interested in sweeping our property. I lost my engagement ring a couple of weeks ago and we've been looking everywhere for it. It was an heirloom, so we'd much rather find it than replace it. In exchange for searching for my ring, you can keep any treasures you may find, and you can sweep the area around our property as well. We have 2 1/2 acres, and the area next to our yard used to have a farmhouse sitting on it back in the 1800's so there's probably some good stuff out there. Anyway, we're in Mendon, MI, and if you're interested, you guys can come out any time. Just let me know!

Thanks,
Kit

Hey, I'm to far to do it myself but you might want to try posting this somewhere else since this thread is about 5 years old. Maybe make your own thread on Here or I believe there is a website to find people near you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread