Need a professional bottle appraiser! Heard there are none in Michigan

Mar 21, 2007
Have a large stash of bottles that I would like to get appraised and possibly get them out of the way, taking too much space for my other more important and valuable items.They date from about mid or late 19th century to about 1918.Yes have poison bottle to.Been online, called all the bottle clubs around here,no go, line disconnected or somebody else answers.Don,t want to waste my time on Ebay giving a bottle away for a dollar which might be worth maybe $100.As you all know there are no bottle books like coin books.Serious inquires only or I,ll just check in with a relative of mine that works in Washington.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried to get an appraisal on some of my bottles awhile back. Blob top embossed beers, sodas, some local druggist medicines, a couple poisons.

At that time I discovered that most of my bottles, unearthed, just weren't that valuble. I also had a couple local bitters (embossed with druggist's name) that i wish I would have held on to. Ended up giving most away.

I do know that pontilled bottles are usually desireable.

Now I would do a search on the internet to find an appraiser.

AMC

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
There was a gentleman that wanted to appraise a full bottle of floorwax by drinking it. He died with a polish finish!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
You can try Allan Holden at [email protected]. Allan owns Prostock Detectors in Plainwell. I don't think he's an appraiser but I can tell you that he knows bottles. He is a good guy, give him a shout.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread