The Minelab Explorer and E-TRAC Handbook by Andy Sabisch

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
I just wanted to put this up here for anyone looking for a book on the E-TRAC. I was not aware of it until a very nice member here pointed it out to me.

http://www.sabischbooks.com/Books/Explorer Handbook.htm :icon_study:

If you order from Andy's website you can get it autographed :thumbsup:

I will update this post with my thoughts after receiving and reading the book. I you have the book and have comments please add them here.

HH!
Brett

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the book and read it a couple of times. Its the only book that has really gave us technical information about the explorers and a great introduction to the E-Trac. It has tips, settings, and comments from some of the best explorer hunters world wide. There is a wide verity of settings which goes to show how versital the Explorer is. For $20, if you want to know the explorer its a got to have book.

grumpyolman

Jul 18, 2008
Raymond, WA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac - Tiger Shark - Ace 250 - Fisher 1280-X - White's Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read it like I was studying for a test. I highlighted the information I though was important and then go back and review the highlighted sentences. A good word to describe this book is 'value'. I've seen lots of other publications on detecting and treasure hunting that were filled with useless dribble. This book is packed with useful info about the Explorer and the ET. The best thing I can say about the book is that the studying has paid off in the quality and quantity of my finds. Jim

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Book Is Titled ... Explorer & E-Trac Handbook!

This book I thought was more driven for E-Trac and that's all .... how much info is available in this book for Explorer?

Is half the book for Explorer and the other half for E-Trac?

I am getting this book 100% percent if I get an E-Trac but I have Kinda tossed around the SE Pro if I can find a simply ca't up deal ... just wanted to know how much of this book covers the Explorer and how much covers the E-Trac.

Thanks. :)

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Book Is Titled ... Explorer & E-Trac Handbook! This book I thought was more driven for E-Trac and that's all .... how much info is available in this book for Explorer? Is half the book for Explorer and the other half for E-Trac? I am getting this book 100% percent if I get an E-Trac but I have Kinda tossed around the SE Pro if I can find a simply ca't up deal ... just wanted to know how much of this book covers the Explorer and how much covers the E-Trac. Thanks. :)

It covers both machines about equally. Go with the Etrac for all the reasons you've read in other post that have been bumped up and minelab will service them longer as Minelab does move on with newer technology. I must say I've never seen anyone research so long before buying a machine. Good luck!

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It covers both machines about equally. Go with the Etrac for all the reasons you've read in other post that have been bumped up and minelab will service them longer as Minelab does move on with newer technology. I must say I've never seen anyone research so long before buying a machine. Good luck!

It's just what I do ... I don't spend this kind of money without knowing EVERYTHING about what I end up buying and every other option available!

Those who do end up unhappy or just trading up or something within no time ... I want to start with pure quality but want to be smart about my purchase as well an not spend hundreds of dollars in useless money ... thats my final dilemma ... is the E-Trac worth the major price difference over the SE Pro that can be had used for much much cheaper.

The E-Trac is the #1 rig I want no doubt ... but the SE Pro due to price has got me thinking I may start there and then move up later down the road to a killer E-Trac deal or wait till the E-Trac 2 comes out (which I'm sure that will next on Minelabs list) ... not sure though.

Just wanted to know what this book has in it ... like I said I thought it was mainly E-Trac but good to know it has Explorer as well.

I will buy something one of these days ... At least I have finally got my choices down to 2 machines ... it is no doubt gonna be a Minelab FBS detector.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just what I do ... I don't spend this kind of money without knowing EVERYTHING about what I end up buying and every other option available! Those who do end up unhappy or just trading up or something within no time ... I want to start with pure quality but want to be smart about my purchase as well an not spend hundreds of dollars in useless money ... thats my final dilemma ... is the E-Trac worth the major price difference over the SE Pro that can be had used for much much cheaper. The E-Trac is the #1 rig I want no doubt ... but the SE Pro due to price has got me thinking I may start there and then move up later down the road to a killer E-Trac deal or wait till the E-Trac 2 comes out (which I'm sure that will next on Minelabs list) ... not sure though. Just wanted to know what this book has in it ... like I said I thought it was mainly E-Trac but good to know it has Explorer as well. I will buy something one of these days ... At least I have finally got my choices down to 2 machines ... it is no doubt gonna be a Minelab FBS detector.
So the 705 is out? I saw one for $499 with over a years warranty left on it if your interested. It was just posted 5 hours ago and will probably move pretty quickly.

Last edited:

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the 705 is out? I saw one for $499 with over a years warranty left on it if your interested. It was just posted 5 hours ago and will probably move pretty quickly.

Ya ... For a couple hundred more then that I could get my hands on an FBS machine that has everything I could want to start and is a coin and silver hog, and that's what I want to hunt for 99% of the time.

Just makes sense for me I think.

Good lookin out though, thanks! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread