X-terra 70 Coils Question

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I apologize if I'm rehashing a topic with this one, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to add an 18.75 hz 10.5" DD coil to my stable for relic hunting. I already have the MF 10.5 and it works ok in moderate to bad ground, but I hunt good ground too and I wonder if the higher freq. coil might not work better on deep bullets and small buttons in good ground. I noticed that a higher freq. detector picked up the head of a target arrow better than the 7.5 khz coil. I think that thin metal head is similiar to what a detector would see if over a CW button.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Far be it from me to try to answer your question but, I have found my smallest earring and ring with my 6" HFDD. The baby ring is just a touch over 1/4" in diameter. It was about 4" deep.

OP
OP
B

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, its good info. I have the 6" HF as well and its a great coil in a real trashy area.

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
I've worked the 5x10 in areas I have hunted with the 10.5 mid frequency, and made finds. I thought the area had been hunted out, and I'm pretty sure it had, being a real small area. But it never hurts to try another frequency, one of the great things about the Xterra. I may get a 3 Khz coil and give that a try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread