Bought new Excal ll

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
I cant wait for the batteries to charge. The optional alkaline battery pack was backordered so I'm waiting to set up and learn the basics of this machine. I hope all the problems I read about the Excal are not my problems too. I ordered and received the machine from Kellyco in 1 day. Wanda was very helpful and I'll see how kellyco handles some of my issues with a poorly fitting loop support and a knob guard. It would have been nice to have a low battery alert on this machine. Some velcro would have been a good idea to keep the wires neat. IMO some of the free stuff Kellyco supplied with machine was not worth much. Maybe they should just offer fewer but better quality items. Minelab should also provide a cuff on their handle as well as a better coil cover. The overall feel of the machine is not a rugged as my Tiger shark. I will have to treat it with kind hands. I'll post my hunting as soon as I can out on the Florida beaches.

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your new machine General. :icon_pirat:

I notice you live in Bradenton. I lived there for more than twenty years. Drove by Bradenton beach last weekend with the intent to detect but it was just too darn hot. I'm hoping to get down again soon because I really miss hunting the beaches there. Plus, I know some secret, terra firma spots. ;D

HH, Bottlebum

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
there is a low battery warning....it starts letting out a loud high pitch squeal every 60 sec or so when the battery needs charged. i hunt about 2 to 4 hrs every day and just charge the battery 8 hrs every day..never had the battery run down. good luck.

OP
OP
G

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
Dixie Digger said:
there is a low battery warning....it starts letting out a loud high pitch squeal every 60 sec or so when the battery needs charged. i hunt about 2 to 4 hrs every day and just charge the battery 8 hrs every day..never had the battery run down. good luck.

Thanks for the info on the battery Dixie, since I wasnt sure how to charge it.

OP
OP
G

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
Bottlebum said:

I notice you live in Bradenton. I lived there for more than twenty years. Drove by Bradenton beach last weekend with the intent to detect but it was just too darn hot. I'm hoping to get down again soon because I really miss hunting the beaches there. Plus, I know some secret, terra firma spots. ;D

HH, Bottlebum
Bottlebum, I would like to hunt those secret spots. I can offer a nice bribe like dinner! email me [email protected] or call 2019565174. Steve

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
general said:
Bottlebum said:

HH, Bottlebum
Bottlebum, I would like to hunt those secret spots. I can offer a nice bribe like dinner! email me [email protected] or call 2019565174. Steve

Hi Steve......Maybe we can get together soon for some hunting. I plan on coming down again some time this month but i'm not sure yet exactly when during the month it will be. I know of a few interesting old spots that used to produce some old finds in the past but there's alot of junk to deal with. I know of some other spots that I never got the chance to hunt but can get permission. I'll call within the next couple of days so that we can talk.

HH, Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread