Capt.E

Jan 17, 2008
FAR NOR CAL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Xlt , Minelab Equinox 800 , Fisher Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My second hunt with the new machine and I found a 1953d silver rosy and 2 wheats. 1 of them was 9 inches but anyways I blanked out the 40 and turned the threshold up enough to hear it better. If you are trying to learn the Safari then i would suggest going where there is very little trash. listen to the threshold and when it blanks out because that is the machine discriminating. I believe this machine is a nickel and gold ring magnet because I was hitting nickels like crazy. Anyways Good luck and Happy Hunting.

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting. I'm looking into a new safari right now.

Ky Hunter

Greenie
Feb 27, 2009
Hey Terry
Sounds like a nice machine and a good hunt. Did you have any trouble with rusty iron? Thanks Bob

GOLD1960

May 10, 2006
BURNSVILLE,MN

Attachments

• safari_display.jpg
    safari_display.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 263
  • safari_display.jpg
    safari_display.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 258

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got the Safari over the weekend and am trying to learn it. It's not as user-friendly as the Ace. I'm not used to the Target ID #s. Have you figured out exactly where it pinpoints yet? I'm not getting that it pinpoints directly under the center of the coil. Also, I'm having issues interpretting the depth gauge. The instruction manual is not a big help. Any tips would be appreciated.

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinpointing is much easier than you may think, there are several ways so try them all and stay with the one that works the best for you. First one and this is my favorite because I actually use all three combined. I first go very slow over the target listening to the point on the ground where the sound comes thru, then I do the wiggle over it while pulling the coil back toward myself and all this is done in the discrimination mode. the wiggle will give you a good idea of where it is. Now switch to Pinpoint and move the coil so that the approximate center of the coil will pass over the target. When it does and gives you the loudest sound you know that is directly over the target. Stop the coil at that point and take note of the center line of the coil. While "Seeing that center line" turn 90 degrees and slowly run the center of the coil over that line, when its at its loudest you are there. Dig!! All this takes very little time once you know how to go thru the motions without really thinking about it and it will get you Spot on all but every time.

Jeff

Have you figured out exactly where it pinpoints yet? I'm not getting that it pinpoints directly under the center of the coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread