Minelab CTX 30/30 in my hands and I am using it

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just to let you know folks, I went to Atlants for an all dy training class on this machine to getthe edge on the competition.As most of you know, I have a few hours on the Etrac to better help the consumer as a dealer, you need to be using the machine to answer questions honestly ...I have my machine, and so far I have used it every day this week. I am really amazed by the new technology..

If anyone is considering buying this unit and has any questions, please call me to discuss settings, or to order one.

855-966-3563
03.jpg Woodland Detecors LLC  Certified Dealer Star - Level 1-150.png

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet you are smiling ear to ear! Congradulations Mike! Can't wait to hear your opinions on it. Oh and don't worry I will take care of your Old Dog, Like I said he can still Hunt!

Jeff

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, I am glad you are able to learn these new detectors so you can better explain how they work. When I worked at a detector shop I wanted to learn all of them so I could sell them better. I still enjoy learning most so I can answer questions here when needed. :thumbsup:

DieHard

Greenie
Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saturday in Carthage Missouri 2 minelab reps where there and had the ctx 3030 and got to hold it. it is well balanced for a 5.2 LBS Detector and looked great

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it as heavy as it looks? It looks like a weedwhacker.

DieHard

Greenie
Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No not really by the way it is built and where the battery is it is very well balanced, you'd just have to get a chance and handle one to see what i mean.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No not really by the way it is built and where the battery is it is very well balanced, you'd just have to get a chance and handle one to see what i mean.
Cool. (Sorry if I am hijacking) but, do YOU think it offers any real advantage over the Etrac? I only ask because I fear that it will be like White's V3, which offers NO real performance advantage over a properly used DFX or MXt, and focuses on "bells and whistles." as opposed to actual performance.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. (Sorry if I am hijacking) but, do YOU think it offers any real advantage over the Etrac? I only ask because I fear that it will be like White's V3, which offers NO real performance advantage over a properly used DFX or MXt, and focuses on "bells and whistles." as opposed to actual performance.

Well, I'm guessing the GPS is a definite advantage if you want a machine that does that. The waterproofing is also and advantage providing you want to water hunt. There's probably more of a difference between the CTX3030 & ETRAC than there is between the EXPLORER SE PRO and ETRAC. The ETRAC wasn't meant to be an "upgrade" from the SE. It was just a different machine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far field tests has shown it to be couple inches deeper that the etrac, per my conversation with minelap rep, it says waterprrof to 10 foot ibut was actually tested deeper, is completely safe to take in the surf.

The gps works with google so you can upload your find points and way points to a google map, as well as save to your pc. you can down load the save files back to the detector so you can in essense save files for each site you hunt and see where you have hunted, what area you have and haven't covered and if there is a pattern to your finds....

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are going to offer a huge advantage underwater and on the beach. Beaches are large and its easy to loose Ur bearing and location on where u found that last gold especially in the water. the advantage of being able to instantly lock these positions in will make it easier to relocate that hot spot and over a few seasons will allow u to see patterns of finds and where the beach is producing at which time of year. Another huge advantage is underwater locating your finds, it gets difficult down there to remember your exact locations. Yes you can carry an external GPS with you before someone says it, however not all of them have the instant google map overlays the Nminelab software has and thats another piece of equipment you must maintain and bring batteries for. The Multistreak ID and color streak options diminstrated in the last video will eliminate alot of what if targets that sound like they could be something good down there as well. Bottom line is the ctx will provide those bells and whistles, waterproof and from what I hear some pretty fast recovery and processing of targets. I will def add this detector to my arsenal, great work Minelab once again.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the coil bigger giving it the illusion of 2" deeper?
It seems the new machines put on a bigger coil and say WOW it goes deeper.
What they forget to tell you is only on a clean piece of land will it go deeper.

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am sorry if I can't answer all your questions. I do monitor, but it has been very busy around herer with the new shop and all...If you need to know more, I invite you to call me any time.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread