Minelab se pro question

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all i need some info from you se pro guys my friend has 1 and i hunted with him today hes a noob with it yet but i really like the machine and how it handled the trashy places he didnt dig alot of trash acouple rusty nails and not any aluminum that i can remeber .... but the question i have is do these units false alot and how good are they in the trashy iron sites id like to upgrade my garrett the falsing on all targets untill i get the coil over them drives me crazy

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert so I won't pretend to be.

I will say that I recently upgraded to an SE PRO a few weeks ago and it's an awesome machine but I still dig junk but not as much. I still haven't found a ring with the Minelab but I've found 5 with the AT PRO. No silver coins with the AT PRO yet this year but today I found my first with the Minelab. I'm in no way trying to compare the two but it just boils down to you having to put the coil over a good target to dig a good target. I've never had a "falsing" problem that I know of. I found more gold my first year of detecting with my ACE 250 than I've found since with the AT PRO and Minelab combined.

I personally think it's worth it for the right price. I only have mine because it was a deal I couldn't pass up. I would hold on to the Garrett though as well. It's nice to switch back once in a while or good to let a buddy use.

OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed my 350 dings all the time over trashy iron sites while the minelab was quiet untill it hit a target...i found more then he did hunting but he just swings way too fast and has no idea what the numbers are telling him or how the depth even works ...but while he would dig a target id swing his and i liked how it wouldnt false over every target in the ground .....im looking to hunt some rail road depo's and there trash pits for iron so id like to upgrade to something that could handle it better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread