May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey All,

Been a while since I've posted anything but have to say I just bought myself a Minelab CTX 3030 detector - can't wait, it's coming today. I'm writing today to tell you of the great deal I got from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies, good guy, easy to deal with and gave me a great deal upfront on the detector and shipping. Was a pleasure to do business with.

Got rid of my E-trac last year to try the Whites Spectra V3i and really can't wait to get back to Minelab.

take care,

vp

Weasel_Loader

Feb 16, 2008
California City, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer CTX 3030
I just got mine yesterday from Bart. Super fast shipping and a great deal. They are my new favorite after my dealer stopped carrying Minelab.

Dr Freezelove

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got mine 5 days ago from NED, the package they advertise is insane. Now I'm trying to learn the bells and whistles. VP and weasel how awesome do you feel? Congrats.

Weasel_Loader

Feb 16, 2008
California City, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer CTX 3030
Right off the bat, I miss my Sunray pinpointer. I miss my knowledge of my old Explorer SE and the sounds I was familiar with.

I love the balance and feel of the CTX. Wireless performed better than expected with zero lag. I just need to speed more time and learn the menus and shortcuts.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is the Minelab Exchange 2 software. Really buggy and causes all kinds of problems with my Bitdefender software. The interface is horrible. Minelab needs to integrate the software with smartphone apps to really get ahead of the game. Ill try a few more times with the software, but not holding my breath.

blackgold

Greenie
Sep 25, 2012
brooklyn ny
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030/minelab
Pro finder 25
Lesche digger knift
Lesche 18" samson T-mini serrated
Tilley Hat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to my CTX 3030.I'M new to the hobby . I got my permit for New York City Parks

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey All,

Been a while since I've posted anything but have to say I just bought myself a Minelab CTX 3030 detector - can't wait, it's coming today. I'm writing today to tell you of the great deal I got from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies, good guy, easy to deal with and gave me a great deal upfront on the detector and shipping. Was a pleasure to do business with.

Got rid of my E-trac last year to try the Whites Spectra V3i and really can't wait to get back to Minelab.

take care,

vp

Thanks guys! I will take care of you TNet guys! Be sure to mention the forum when you call for special deals!

Anyone with questions feel free to call me. Love to help! The CTX 3030 is one amazing machine!

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
took it out over the weekend to a site we've hit before ... took it right to the iron patch and started finding coins that were missed - really impressed how it picked right thru the heavy iron, processor seems much faster than my e-trac
learning curve wasn't that bad again compared to my e-trac, nice feel to the machine too, well balanced - def miss my sunray probe though !!! hope they come out with one for it soon ...

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you liking it! More stable and works in trash much better than the E-Trac as well. I did not realize how much more stable it was till I used the E-Trac again in same areas comparing signals. The Minelab CTX 3030 continues to impress me each time I use it. It did very well in the Minelab conference for dealers Virginia hunt.

blackgold

Greenie
Sep 25, 2012
brooklyn ny
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030/minelab
Pro finder 25
Lesche digger knift
Lesche 18" samson T-mini serrated
Tilley Hat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
blackgold said:
Can't wait to my CTX 3030.I'M new to the hobby . I got my permit for New York City Parks
its coming to day.....lets go...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread