excalibur air test problem

4helements

Oct 21, 2013
middle of Italy
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 & Exc. 10"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, i made some air test with the excalibur II 10" and i noticed that passing a piece of iron on the coil "null" the excalibur reduces its depth detection.
i mean... before passing an iron object the exc. get a 18k gold ring 7 grams to 12 inches and after a null it get the same ring at about 7 inches.
is it normal or it could be that something works wrong??

thanx for your help

bye

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes a little bit for the machine to recover from a previous signal. Sweep a little slower and see what happens. Air test aren't the best way to compare detectors or check detection depth.

OP
OP

4helements

Oct 21, 2013
middle of Italy
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 & Exc. 10"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for helping me, i know about little reliability of air test, anyway i'll try to slow down sweep speed and i'm gonna see what happen.
thank you again

regards

Rockhound151

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2014
Tacoma
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
super new, lots of posts about the excal from two years ago....

so everyone is happy with it now?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using mine for over 7 years now and have been happy with it from the first day! Before that, it was a pain to hunt the wet sand or water at the beach. Either I had to use a PI machine and pickup every bobby pin and nail imaginable, or detune other machines I owned to deal with the black sand and other mineralization. It was now a pleasure to go to the beach!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using mine for years also, I actualy have 2. One for scuba and one set up for shallow water (long shaft). I tried out other water detectors years ago, and non of them even have come close to the performance of the Excal. That's my 2 cents!!! HH - Like Cuba said, Air tests aren't so good!!!

OP
OP

4helements

Oct 21, 2013
middle of Italy
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 & Exc. 10"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, thanx to all for your help...but, in in the end i found out what's wrong with the exc. it had the sensitivity control that worked wrong,i sent it to mine.
just some days and i had it back from minelab, now it's working great.

123tje

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats fast ,i sent mijn ex to minelab ireland for a month ago for a new coil and still waiting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, i made some air test with the excalibur II 10" and i noticed that passing a piece of iron on the coil "null" the excalibur reduces its depth detection.
i mean... before passing an iron object the exc. get a 18k gold ring 7 grams to 12 inches and after a null it get the same ring at about 7 inches.
is it normal or it could be that something works wrong??

thanx for your help

bye

First air tests are poor tests to do......

So far i have yet to see any floating gold or silver on my hunts, it i
s much better to do tests on targets in the ground.....

I can get multiple depths in air tests of same target. ..

How much time between iron test and gold test after...?

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions