4helements

Oct 21, 2013
middle of Italy
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 & Exc. 10"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi every1,

I bought an excalibur in october 2012 and now it works bad because to headphones wire, when the spiral wire is immerse in salt water the threshold change in a low tone, i contact the local service and that guys told me that the headphones and wire are not under warranty...

is it true??

thank you...

Bye

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The part about the warranty is true. The warranty is supposed to be sent in on new machines within 30 days of purchase. The excalibur has a one year warranty, unless you purchased it through Kellyco and I've read you can get a 2 year warranty. The headphones shouldn't have anything to do with the threshold tone itself, it would be across the whole range of tones. Can you sweep a target like your sand scoop or quarter while in the water and reset threshold and it stay there until you hit another iron target and get a null/ threshold change?

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fletch is right... 1 year only on a new Excal. I think the closest service center for you is in Cork, Ireland.

OP
OP

4helements

Oct 21, 2013
middle of Italy
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 & Exc. 10"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your help, anyway the local service decided to change wire and headphones, now the exc. works good but the sound is changed, now is more muffled, maybe because the headphones are new??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread