Secret to the Se and SE pro depth

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was discovered when the SE first came out. The dvd minelab sent vaguely touched on it, I watched that aspect of the video several times then called minelab (Ireland) and discussed it with one of the engineers who verified it, it has since been proven by myself over the years.

I was and must admit still reluctant to expose it but have decided for the good of the community I will. I do not know if this will assist the etracs as I have never looked at its settings, much less used one.

These two settings will give your SE and SE pro an additional 1-3 inches of depth.

The first everyone knows about, deep, the problem with using the deep setting is it taxes the processor to analyze each and every target so it can display and announce through its sound what the target is. Hence one must swing slow and as the processor is being taxed depth is effected.

The second and most important setting, the one that relieves some of the load from the processor and allows the Se and Pro to see deeper is the "Const" setting. This setting only gives one sound for any target it sees in the ground, thus relieving some of the load on the processor and hence allowing the SE and Pro to gain an additional 1-3 inches of depth to hear those faintest of signals normally not heard. The processor does not have to analyze what the target is to tell you through "sound" whether it is cond/fer it just has to report there is a target there, the screen shows its cond/fer numbers, but not the sound, makes a big difference in off loading the load from the processor hence depth is increased.

Now you may argue with me if you wish, but this has been proven in the field:(disclaimer this is in All metal, I don't disc, so NO sounds were nulled)
hitting faint targets than switching the machine to deep off =easy to miss not as pronounced
hitting faint targets with deep on/const on, then switching the machine to a different sound(conduct or ferrous) =not hearing it
hitting faint targets, turning the detector off then on with factory settings= not hearing it
Using the stock SE pro coil with these settings, then switching to a larger butterfly or ultimate or neal with deep on but a different sound selected, gave a 50/50 chance of hearing it, yes I am stating through proof that with these settings with a stock pro coil, that sometimes the larger coils even with deep on but in conduct or ferrous would not give you a signal loud enough to warrant digging it, or not hear it at all.

Believe me I have tried all the different scenarios to make sure these settings gave additional depth and they do. Your swing speed is slightly slowed but not as much as normal settings with deep on. Like I said I have tried all the different scenarios, so if you are using any coil these settings work, the larger the coil the deeper u hit with these two settings. It takes some getting use to and there are times that its not to be used(trashy areas will drive you crazy), but during those times when your relic hunting and are going to dig everything, or on the beach and going to dig everything, bring a steam shovel cause your gonna dig deep.

I would not post this if I was not a 100 % certain through my own use that it works, it has been my main secret to hitting targets others have missed for years.

LOL dang even now I am not sure I want to hit the submit button :BangHead:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Sleeper,

You bring up some very interesting points to consider, thank you for sharing.

Regards,

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sleeper, thanks for the info. I will check it out when our snow melts in 6 months.

TwoRivers

Oct 1, 2012
Northeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Minelab Sovreign XS

Minelab Excaliber 1000................Garrett Pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the info you posted, I've been using the SE PRO for about 5 years, it is a great detector.. I'll try you're settings to add a little depth...

John in Virginia

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread