Metal Detecting

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
The new SDC 2300 is their newest PI and is water proof.

SDC 2300 is not new at all. It is a re market version of a professional mine detector. SDC has NO discrimination or sort off!!!!! = nightmare on the beach. I have tried it for 2 days when lunched as an adventure detector (only the color have changed), it's slow, heavy, can't change coil.... Compared to an ATX there is no possible discussion.

Depends of what you are looking for, but for the beach "in the water" PI detector, if you're looking to find small:

Garrett ATX "waterproof, almost", Whites TDI Pro (or SL if you upgrade to 14,4v), can't put the main unit in the water. Other PI machines for underwater use have a Pulse playback lecture over 20micro second, so are made to find "big and deep"...

Sorry but they are no ideal PI machine for shallow hunting, and SDC is certainly not a good way to go due to it's 100% lack of discrimination. If there was a killer PI machine for beach AND shallw/underwater hunting, I will already have it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just made the complete switch to Minelab machines. Took me a while but I finally woke up. Anyway I was wondering why Minelab doesn't have a dedicated waterproof PI machine for the beach? I would buy one in a heartbeat, sure others would too. Is it because it would take away from GPX sales:dontknow:
Maybe because the machines they already have work just as good without the annoyance of no discrimination.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
F3 Compact Mine Detector | Minelab Countermine

SDC 2300 = F3 compact serie = Countermine detector, nothing more, nothing less (only blue color)

F3%20Compact.gif
SDC%202300%20Compact_Front_large.jpg

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't stare into the light. Don't drink the koolaid! There are several good waterproof pi's out there that are half the price of a ML if they were to produce one with same features. (Beep - Dig).

The sdc 2300 only has a hard wired 8" mono coil.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know about the SDC but always thought of it as a prospecting machine, not a true underwater PI. Guess it's gonna be a whites dual field or garrett infinium as the SDC cannot go past 10 feet. Oh well.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe because the machines they already have work just as good without the annoyance of no discrimination.
No annoyance at all. When you see the guy with the pulse pulling out 3 gold rings in one outing that your machine can't pickup, you will have a change of heart. I sure did.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty Hard to beat the Dual Field PI for all its capabilities.
That's the exact machine one guy was using when he pulled 3 gold rings at about 24 inches plus in one outing.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Can't go wrong with the DF. It's amazingly deep, it's large coil and fast swing speed can be swung like a VLF which covers lots of ground.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No annoyance at all. When you see the guy with the pulse pulling out 3 gold rings in one outing that your machine can't pickup, you will have a change of heart. I sure did.
In an iron infested site, they're way too annoying to me. In a relatively clean area, they work great....but so does my Excalibur. With the 15"WOT. I don't think I lose much to a Dual Field (which my hunting partner uses) or any other PI I've seen in action.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In an iron infested site, they're way too annoying to me. In a relatively clean area, they work great....but so does my Excalibur. With the 15"WOT. I don't think I lose much to a Dual Field (which my hunting partner uses) or any other PI I've seen in action.

You have the reverse discrimination pinpoint mod don't you?

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes I agree 100% for Small PI such as the dual field or the Garet Infinium

TDi Pro, ATX, Gpx 5000 and Manta don't play in the field.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree but your not using a stock Excal. I cannot see a stock vlf machine get anywhere near the depth of a pulse.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree but your not using a stock Excal. I cannot see a stock vlf machine get anywhere near the depth of a pulse.
True, but with a couple little mods the excal gets the depth of most PI detectors and no iron to dig.....

Last edited:

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SDC 2300 is not new at all. It is a re market version of a professional mine detector. SDC has NO discrimination or sort off!!!!! = nightmare on the beach. I have tried it for 2 days when lunched as an adventure detector (only the color have changed), it's slow, heavy, can't change coil.... Compared to an ATX there is no possible discussion.

Depends of what you are looking for, but for the beach "in the water" PI detector, if you're looking to find small:

Garrett ATX "waterproof, almost", Whites TDI Pro (or SL if you upgrade to 14,4v), can't put the main unit in the water. Other PI machines for underwater use have a Pulse playback lecture over 20micro second, so are made to find "big and deep"...

Sorry but they are no ideal PI machine for shallow hunting, and SDC is certainly not a good way to go due to it's 100% lack of discrimination. If there was a killer PI machine for beach AND shallw/underwater hunting, I will already have it.

what does upgrading the tdi sl power supply to 14.4v do? does the battery just last longer or does it make the machine go a little deeper?

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
True, but with a couple little mods the excal gets the depth of most PI detectors and no iron to dig.....
See that I don't get? Doesn't all metal=no discrimination? Therefore still digging deep iron? I mean one would still have to remove 3-4 scoops before switching to disc, at that point I would just keep going. Am I missing something? Cause I would rather get an Excal, send it to OBN, and have an awesome detector if in fact it goes as deep as a pulse with disc at depth.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
what does upgrading the tdi sl power supply to 14.4v do? does the battery just last longer or does it make the machine go a little deeper?

In certain Euro countries the Pro version is not available, only the SL version.

So by changing the gain + the battery we obtain similar performance of the PRO version.

If you want a complete review on top PI (Pulse Indiction) machines on beach & sand including the full Eric Foster range you can check those videos:

Eric Foster product line collection :
AquaStar 2 - PulsePower (Eric Foster)
DeepStart 3 - PulsePower (Eric Foster)
GoldQuest SSV 3 - PulsePower (Eric FOster)
GoldQuest SS - PulsePower (Eric Foster)
GoldQuest - Pulsepower (Eric Foster)
GoldScan 5 - PulsePower (Eric Foster)
BeachScan - PulsePower (Eric Foster)

VS

MINELAB GPX 5000

VS

WHITES TDI PULSESCAN

4g White gold Palladium 18K ring deep testg

8g Gold ring 18k deep test

2€ coin deep test on the beach

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know about the SDC but always thought of it as a prospecting machine, not a true underwater PI. Guess it's gonna be a whites dual field or garrett infinium as the SDC cannot go past 10 feet. Oh well.

I hope you meant "10 inches" not "10 feet". Nothing but a two box detector, magnetometer, or GPR will see 10 feet deep.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread