Minlab GPZ7000

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
A

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Funny? A lot of people are sying that?? I just don't understand why?? :dontknow:......I mean ut's so bleeding cheap hey!

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will add that once the big nuggets are found or "found" then they will fly off the shelves probably.

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will add that once the big nuggets are found or "found" then they will fly off the shelves probably.
I agree , a lot of folks are sitting on the fence , just waiting and hoping its as good as all the pre-sale hype is letting us believe . I would like to swing one but the price is " Twilight Zone " stuff ..cheers Mick

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
No not unless it will find big gold nuggets in Ohio … So i guess no..

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No not unless it will find big gold nuggets in Ohio … So i guess no..

I will move to Ohio if you can promise to find us nuggets! lol

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone going to purchase a Minelab GPZ7000 at 10,7000 Aussie dollars? ???.......Ut's a weely weely gud detecta. Truely ut iz..

I'd rather purchase Garrett ATX Deepseeker Package and 7 Maple Leafs.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
The GPZ 7000 has an important place in the toolbox of the professional nugget hunter. The weekender who likes to play in the dirt has no business even thinking about it. Garrett, Fisher, Whites, and a multitude of other companies make top performing machines for the general market, which is what most weekend prospectors want and need.

The professional always ways needs an edge to get that extra few inches. Also, since size matters, those little 1/10 gram nuggets found at 15" by the GPZ in a "worked out" patch that no other detector could find, can easily mean the difference between bills being paid and the trip being a total loss. I will take a pocketful of 1/10 gram nuggets in a week over those occasional 1/2 ounce nuggets any time.

That being said, I will not likely be buying one any time soon, but will not knock anyone who does. I also will not denigrate those who stick with what they know, since an experienced operator understands how to use his tools far better than the inexperienced, regardless of what is in the tool box.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just as soon as that megaball+5 more hits.......

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Oh, the lottery. Best way government has ever used to get money from the gullible. What has that to do with this thread? Maybe it was the stroke a few years ago, but I seem to be missing something from the post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread