Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying out an Explorer Pro and doing ok with it. Found a couple of rings already when using the standard pattern. :icon_thumleft:

I made a pattern for cherry picking with the medium target frame, using silver dimes, quarters and 14k and 10k gold rings to learn the patterns and save.

I tried it out at a park (questionable age for silver) and found a clad quarter 1989, 6 clad dimes, 10 solid copper Memorial pennies in the 1070's, two nickels, about 4 pull tabs with beaver tails, two loose beaver tails, a couple of modern square tabs, no alum bottle caps. I think there was a couple of can tops that swore they were half dollars but lied! No Zincoln's. Nice thing is most of these seemed deep.

Is a pattern like this wise or is my search pattern too narrow and cause me to miss some masked objects I am looking for?
Such as the ID numbers might change pushing it out of the pattern due to other metals near by?

Other things I am testing are running in "Iron Mask" mode with the tone changed to Ferrous so High conductors have the high tone. Like a fancy All Metal Mode with no Nulling. If I get a weak signal I switch to Iron Mask to verify the target.

Comments anyone?
Thanks in advance

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

I set my Explorer SE to accept coins, foil, jewelry, pull tabs and knock out crown caps. Dig all the mid-tones and you will find Gold if it’s at the location. The key is good repeatable signals and keep the coil low (I rub the ground) and moving steady, but slow. Sometimes, I hunt with an open (no disc) iron mask screen and listen for the good tones.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions