Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What type?
I have many chargers,,, for a lot of different devices.
Seems they just appear sometimes.
Let me know what the plug looks like and the output voltage and I will look.
PM me if possible

Hit

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Found this one on eBay recently for $13: Minelab 110V NiCAD Battery Charger for Minelab Excalibur - PN: 3011-0239
I have the Excalibur II detector and we moved and I have misplace the charger. Dose anyone know where I can get a new one at. I have checked Ebay and Kellyco and have not been able to find one. Going on vacation in 2 weeks and need one. Thanks Matt

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to wallyworld and buy a Battery Tender Jr. Much better charger and has indicator lights to tell you whats going on as well. Cheaper too iirc.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to wallyworld and buy a Battery Tender Jr. Much better charger and has indicator lights to tell you whats going on as well. Cheaper too iirc.

I would not recommend using a charger made for lead acid batteries on nicd or nimh type batteries.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Excalibur II detector and we moved and I have misplace the charger. Dose anyone know where I can get a new one at. I have checked Ebay and Kellyco and have not been able to find one. Going on vacation in 2 weeks and need one. Thanks Matt

Kellyco sells them...Call them..

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would not recommend using a charger made for lead acid batteries on nicd or nimh type batteries.

Any reason in particular? Smart chargers now days sense what they are charging and charge accordingly. I've been using the BT for over 2 years on my 2 Excal batteries with no problems but if I am doing it wrong, I'm always open to learning something.

My dislike of the factory charger stems from its lack of meters/lights (have to use a voltmeter to ascertain charge level) and it seems to get very hot while charging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread