10x5 Coiltek on Etrac

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have been using the stock coil, only since I got this machine, but now that weeds, poison Ivy, and ticks, make my old home sites less pleasurable, I switched to the 10x5, for tot lots and parks, and beaches. I used it today at a school playground, and it was a joy!! A little lighter,plenty of depth for wood chips/play ground, easy pinpointing. Not sure I would go any smaller, every back swing, towards an equipment leg/pole, makes the same tone, anything different........there is somthing there, so it gets you plenty close to stuff. All in all I am glad I got it, going to leave it on for a while. This play ground was very clean, hitting the trashy parks and beach next!!

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
What a happy man you are!

Have the 10x5 coil on my CTX and found it not so good: very heavy and can't use it underwater

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's great around fire rings along with putting the E-trac in two tone ferrous.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread