Detech 13 ultimate or stealth X-12?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cant wait for you too get some replies to this. I want this info too :)
Gary from Oregon

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll chime in on the coil selection question. Ran an ETrac over 4 years when they came out and had multiple coils of the same make and brand and actually came back to the Pro coil as it performed best, for me. Just picked up another ETrac a couple of months ago and the Pro coil will not come off of it. When you get into heavy heavy ferrous material there are other detectors that perform much better. The right tool for the job IOW. But ID'ing at depth and deep recovery of targets, none no better. The right tool for the job at hand depending on ground conditions.

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my medium soil I find that the X12 ids better than the stock coil at depth.

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TL you said a lot in your post. What I experienced with the X 12 was the machine was seeing too much dirt and here in my soil in middle Ga. I got less depth with it but could cover more ground. The tell tale sign of that is to run the machine in auto and watch how much it will back the sensitivity down just by having the larger coil attached. With that said, I always run in manual sensitivity virtually maxed out but still didn't get the same depth as the stock coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread