May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been using my Rapoos H3070 with the supplied cord and running it to the WM-10
which works fine out in the woods or other place where the background noise is
minimal. Decided I would Put something together that would be better for detecting in the
city! I don't have any full size headphones at this time but I had plenty of speakers and the
little thing's I needed to get the job done. I purchased a Couple of ear muffs on the bay for $13 and
some change. Ordered a couple Microphone cords that will stretch from the floor to the ceiling (8').
The speakers I used I salvaged from an old Pair of Koss UR 30's. I like these as they are 50mm (2")
and around 150 ohms and made to work with the Minelab detectors as far as the Ohm Value is concerned.
I decided also to include a Mono/Stereo Switch with these so I could use them with my TeK G2+ as well.
The only down side is that when using them with the CTX I have to use the WM 10 (which I always do) or
the external speaker on the CTX will not shut off. This wasn't a big deal for me as I plan on making
another set that i'm able to use in the water. I will instal an IP68 water proof connector on this set as well.
The set of headphones i just done have a Mini XLR connector that connects the cord to the Headset. I went this
route Because I going to make a short cord to Hook up my Auvio Wireless receiver to the headphones so I can
go wireless on them as well. I'll have tosee how that works out as I still have parts on order for that Mod. Heres
a few pics below.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread