Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 to 4" inches on small coins is about what I have been seeing to. You can stretch more depth at auto plus +3, or go manual up until you can't stand the chatter. Does work good going slow in the heavy trash though. I have found some good finds where my 11" would just null no matter what the swing speed was. TTF works the best for me. Every time I use it I wonder away from the trash and wish I had my 11" on it. Lol

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man...that coil does great for me. I have heard good things about the other small ones but this one killed it for me in heavy iron this year. I seem to get more depth though than what you're saying. I hunt in manual most of the time (which helps depth) and just about two weeks ago I pulled a large cent out of the bottom of a hole that was the length of my Lesche up to the handle. I believe that's 7" there. The coin was lying flat because I went to pull some dirt out by hand and I caught a little glimpse of the face of it when my glove swept the soil off so I know the depth was legitimate, but the orientation probably helped some. One thing I like about it is that it's small enough I don't even really need to X to pinpoint. I can usually just pinpoint in one direction and be right on top of it with a normal sized plug.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I get 6-7" on targets the size of a largie. Small stuff not so much if it's mixed in with the iron.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should be able to do better depth wise? I use a 6" eq2 and it's my favorite coil. I've got dimes @ 7-8" and once got an iffy wheatie @ 9" with the 6". I use auto+3 usually. You shoudn't have any problem nailing a 7" silver dime with that 6" coil....

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot will depend on how mineralized his ground is. If the soil is real nasty or junky, depth is going to suffer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread