Best mode for gold jewelry ctx3030? Help?

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hunters!

I got the ctx3030 about half a year ago and am happy with it, nice relics and coins in Europe where I come from, great machine but now back in Asia with no historical sites but plenty of people wearing gold jewelry so the focus is shifting, obviously. Ive been hitting parks, sports fields and occasionally beaches but have yet to find some gold jewelry.

I would like to set up a custom program for this purpose and need some advice.
What should I disc out? I am only looking for gold rings, earrings and necklaces. Here in Taiwan many people wear 22k or 24k jewelry and about 70% of guys wear nice gold necklaces so some stuff has to be there.

I am guessing anything close to 12-01 to 12-30 in FeCo and also 11-01 to 11-30 and 13-01 to 13-30 just in case?

Im willing to miss silver and other stuff so would that be a good grid?

Thanks for any help.
Ben

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any mode will do, don't discriminate anything. I've found gold reading 12-01 all the way to a 22k bangle that read 12-45.

OP
OP
Benjamin52

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice..but would it be fair to say that i can rule out anything over 13.xx and under 11.xx?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not necessarily. I've found some gold jewelry that read as low as 10 to as high as 14 on the ferrous numbers. Like MMJ stated, 01 to the low 40's on the conductive side.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
stock beach program does just fine for me!

Agreed! GREAT place to start. Might boost the gain up a bit but unless your really good with the CTX, sometimes that causes other issues. Stock beach is good!

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the advice..but would it be fair to say that i can rule out anything over 13.xx and under 11.xx?

In a perfect world yes; but as targets get deeper or soil changes so can the readings...

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
No. Read about those numbers in Andys book. That machines like any other. It's inaccurate after a certain point. I have found junk ringing up good and good targets ring up like junk.

I use 4 tone combined with Gary's recommend tones. I tweaked it a little for my needs. Curious. Have you tried the software that comes with it?

I I can't get mine installed for the life of me. It wouldn't work so I uninstalled it and went to reinstall and it's been 2 weeks and going.

Gl -Joe

In a perfect world yes; but as targets get deeper or soil changes so can the readings...

OP
OP
Benjamin52

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. Read about those numbers in Andys book. That machines like any other. It's inaccurate after a certain point. I have found junk ringing up good and good targets ring up like junk.

I use 4 tone combined with Gary's recommend tones. I tweaked it a little for my needs. Curious. Have you tried the software that comes with it?

I I can't get mine installed for the life of me. It wouldn't work so I uninstalled it and went to reinstall and it's been 2 weeks and going.

Gl -Joe

Well I haven't installed the program yet, I had some issues with my CD drive but the real problem is that parks here are infested with trash so I simply can't dig every iffy signal the ratio of targets trash/anything useful is about 5/1 in local parks.

Thats why I was looking for advice on how to identify " most probable" gold range, of course there is always the tiny ring or huge bracelet that will be outside the range but well that's once every blue moon I guess, I am trying to focus on probability, meaning most likely gold items like rings, necklaces without having to dig every iffy deep pulltab...

I know there is no secret formula and its 90% just luck and perseverence but well, I thought there might be something I am missing.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Ill have ill have to find the tones I use online gimme till end of day. What I have been doing is getting so so at identifying crushed up cans and pop tops. And only going for high tones. Mine, I have crack the surface to get it to predict depth. Otherwise it reads 4 inches or its closer and it will read it. I'll message you my tones by end of day. -Joe

Well I haven't installed the program yet, I had some issues with my CD drive but the real problem is that parks here are infested with trash so I simply can't dig every iffy signal the ratio of targets trash/anything useful is about 5/1 in local parks.

Thats why I was looking for advice on how to identify " most probable" gold range, of course there is always the tiny ring or huge bracelet that will be outside the range but well that's once every blue moon I guess, I am trying to focus on probability, meaning most likely gold items like rings, necklaces without having to dig every iffy deep pulltab...

I know there is no secret formula and its 90% just luck and perseverence but well, I thought there might be something I am missing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread