Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the Safari out for a while today.
Have a setting that I like saved under the relic button as I like the ferrous sounds better.
It's setup 29 and below blocked out and 13-14-15 open also block 40 , it seems to work in a trashy park I've been trying things out in. Today I picked out a wheatie at 10"
A couple times it did not show the tid numbers when I made some settings changes and seems like the threshold sound disappeared. I shut it down and restarted and then it seemed to run like I would expect.
I did have the sensitivity at 17 and changed it to auto also.
Could all this strange behavior be too much sensitivity in a trashy area?
If so is it better to put it in auto or adjust it down to a lower setting?
Also have to work on picking out the good signal thru trash, that's how I found the wheatie and did hit several others that sounded simaler that ended up being rusty nails.
Gota learn those sounds for sure .
BD

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Bifdob!

Yes to much sensitivity or mainly discrimination can cause #'s to not show up. In high trash, especially with that machine slow WAY WAY down. It does not process very fast to begin with and trashy areas are even worse. Again, slow way way down when it goes into a null.

Your dealer should be able to help you with most of this but if not give me a call.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread