nel coils and xterra 705

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real answer is that NOTHING will work as well as the coils produced by Minelab and Coiltek. The Xterra is an all digital processor that NOBODY besides Minelab and Coiltek have access to the critical programming for. Other coils may function, but none will perform as optimally as they could.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As we've seen with most computer technology today, nothing seems to be "hack" proof. I would imagine with enough reverse engineering and/or info theft, it could be done.......maybe even better than the original. I know I love the other NEL coils for my E-trac. Has anyone done a side by side test in the real world of detecting?

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As we've seen with most computer technology today, nothing seems to be "hack" proof. I would imagine with enough reverse engineering and/or info theft, it could be done.......maybe even better than the original. I know I love the other NEL coils for my E-trac. Has anyone done a side by side test in the real world of detecting?

I've not tested any of these but I really want to hear some feedback on the new 3 frequency coils they have. One coil, 3 frequency for the 705. They also have 2 frequency coils too.

Edit: Link

Last edited:

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had money to burn........I'd sooner use it to light a good cigar.

Seriously, it can't work as well as quality coils that are dedicated to their respective frequency.

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I had money to burn........I'd sooner use it to light a good cigar.

Seriously, it can't work as well as quality coils that are dedicated to their respective frequency.

I dunno.. if whats going on in the video can be achieved with a nickle, I'd be impressed.

high&dry

Mar 8, 2014
SWFL
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real answer is that NOTHING will work as well as the coils produced by Minelab and Coiltek. The Xterra is an all digital processor that NOBODY besides Minelab and Coiltek have access to the critical programming for. Other coils may function, but none will perform as optimally as they could.

I respect much of the information you post on these forums and have learned a lot from it...... but I have to disagree on this issue. I know you are very adamant about using any other coils than minelab or coiltek, and was curious if you have ever used a Nel or Cors coil on your 705?
I recently bought a Cors Strike (NEL tornado) and used it on a beach hunt in Fl earlier this month and was very impressed by it. Single frequency 7.5, turned on the machine and everything synced right up with no problems, ground balance not an issue and was consistently digging targets at 10-16 inches and more.
I am not going to get into the argument that has been raging on these forums about technology theft etc... But I can tell you that the Cors/NEL coils work very well on the x-terra 705. Just my honest opinion based on actual user experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions