Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was removing my rechargeable battery pack on my Sovereign GT today and heard and felt the sickening crack of one of the retaining tabs breaking. This is a known design issue with the Sovereign. No matter how careful you are the plastic battery pack tabs will eventually fatigue. The other tab has the faint tell tale line of fatigue building in it's G spot as well. Worst case is that I can resort to using the manual load yourself battery pack but prefer a rechargeable.

Looking at the prices on Ebay I felt like I was told to turn my head and cough. Any sources other than EBay?

Sovgtguy

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2011
California
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT - Sunray 5" / Tornado 10" / WOT 15"
Fisher CZ3D ( Tom Tuned ) - Quicksilver 5" / Spider 10"
Fisher Gold Bug 2 - 6.5 / 10"
Makro Gold Racer - 5" / Stock 10"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , mine had a clip fail and I looked at the price of a replacement and was shocked. Since the SOV is discontinued any replacements are considered old stock and getting scarce.

I have the same " AA BAT PACK " for backup , but just resorted to a wide elastic band to secure around housing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sov GT is still supported by Minelab, a new rechargeable battery is about $110, Kellyco carries them.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread