🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Representing our most significant coin & treasure introduction since the launch of the CTX 3030 in 2012, Minelab is pleased to announce the pending release of our new EQUINOX Series Metal Detectors.

The EQUINOX Series is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions… just select your detecting location and go!

The EQUINOX Series has been designed for the serious coin & treasure enthusiast looking to upgrade to a high performance detector, without the high cost. It’s also suitable for the new detectorist, having several pre-set modes for different detecting locations. The EQUINOX Series features Minelab’s STATE-OF-THE ART Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency technology and combines fast recovery speed with low-latency wireless audio in a lightweight waterproof platform.

3 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach)
4 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, Multi)
Wired Bluetooth Headphones Supplied

4 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach, Gold)
6 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz, Multi)
Bluetooth Headphones and WM 08 Wireless Module Supplied

“EQUINOX, with Multi-IQ, has the potential to obsolete all the traditional VLF detectors that enthusiasts have been using for decades.” –Minelab Electronics Pty Ltd.

Expected retail prices are:

EQUINOX 600 USD 649
EQUINOX 800 USD 899

Attachments

• 1200x900-EQUINOX-announcement-FB.png
    1200x900-EQUINOX-announcement-FB.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 886
Last edited:

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welp, now I know what I'll be saving all the clad I get with the Max for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the classifieds for used CTX 3030's - going to be a lot of them.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess they were right. This is a game changer. And breaking with tradition, it's actually affordable.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sign me up ! will it be a deus killer? We will wait and see but I'm VERY excited about this machine..... Garrett just too9k a major hit , think of it a top performing waterproof detector for 899.00 a very smart move on minelabs part. They just hurt a lot of companies including deus.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
weight reduction big plus... but your right time will tell but looks really good.

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not going to sell my CTX, but I will have an Equinox that's for sure. More than likely I will sell my Racer 2

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will be a game changer, assuming it has good depth 14-16" on a nickel in air tests in Disc mode at max sens and 11-12" in ground for the same nickel in salt soaked sand with the stock coil. Also assuming the Equinox has proper seals to prevent water intrusion, reliability and durability. No Multi-Freq low price fast and lightweight machine has ever been available till now. I will not be the lab rat for it, will wait it out.

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is ML ceasing production of the Excalibur and E trac?:icon_scratch:

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yummy yummy! Might have to put that on my Christmas wish list!

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure about that.
You are going to tell me they replaced a 2500.00 machine with a 800.00 machine? I will have to see it in action first.

I think it could absolutely, totally different business theroy. I think they are going for quanity sold vs most profit per macine. I have always felt that they priced themselves out of the market for most buyers.. There are a lot of people no matter how good a machine might be they can not justify the $1975 price tag for a new ctx. This intern imo has hurt sales. Now if their manufacturing methods are efficient enough they will make more money as a company easily by the volume of machines they will sell..

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Surely youre joking. The Excal has 200' depth, the eTrac, I don't know well enough to comment on. It will be a Safari killer tho imo.
And the ATP and Deus..........well, glad you put the pressure on the market that you did.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not going to sell my CTX, but I will have an Equinox that's for sure. More than likely I will sell my Racer 2

NO WAY I'd give up my Target Trace!

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surely youre joking. The Excal has 200' depth, the eTrac, I don't know well enough to comment on. It will be a Safari killer tho imo.
And the ATP and Deus..........well, glad you put the pressure on the market that you did.

Well, I could be wrong, but at least in my area I would guess that huge % the Excals ever sold have never seen deeper then 5-6" of water, so they are paying extra $ for a feature they don't need.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I could be wrong, but at least in my area I would guess that huge % the Excals ever sold have never seen deeper then 5-6" of water, so they are paying extra $ for a feature they don't need.

That's probably true or close to it. Certainly mine hasn't been past snorkeling depth; but I am a fairly cautious person and want the extra pressure rating as insurance. Itll be interesting to see how the next few years of sales shakes out fersure.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are plenty of folks that dive with their machines. Getting rid of their dive machine would be crazy :D

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, remember excal is waterproof to 200 ft and is one of their top sellers. ML only ceases production when sales of a detector drops to point of not enough sales revenue to justify production.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions