It's here!!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on the advert description, this looks lto be more of a souped up go find 60 than a slimmed down CTX.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Im eager to see videos comparing it vs a ctx :D ... and in a beach.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Based on the advert description, this looks lto be more of a souped up go find 60 than a slimmed down CTX.
I think you are wrong there Minelab has come out with a whole new detector here . It has depth if they are right deeper than any other Minelab .. The Go Find detectors were losers from what i see this Equinox is not going to be nothing but a winner for Minelab. AND a winner for the ones that get and use it..

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like at the projected price point, this will take the wind out of Garrett and Nokta's sails regarding the AT Max and Impact releases. After my MX Sport experience, I am not interested in beta testing a detector again. If it has the advertised recovery speed, light weight and balance, and has decent, affordable accessory coils. This is indeed a game changer.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you are wrong there Minicab has come out with a whole new detector here . It has depth if they are right deeper than any other Minelab .. The Go Find detectors were losers from what i see this Equinox is not going to be nothing but a winner for Minelab. AND a winner for the ones that get and use it..

Yeah, I'm wrong. I also enjoy a dose of sarcasm with my wrongness. Why? Because I have a sick sense of humor and that's what the stuffy Minelab crowd needs. I also prefer Uber over that new ride for hire service "Minicab". Doesn't autocorrect suck, Keppy? Yeah, I'm "all in" on the Equinox provided it truly lives up to its own hype. If Minelab figured out how to improve recovery speed, then killer.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looking forward to reading the manual and viewing/reading operational tests. :occasion14:

I would love to Field Test this machine while detecting in real world situations and working in my artifact recovery business. Being a trained scientist the testing would be fair and unbiased. :icon_thumright:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This new machine sure is creating a huge buzz... and for good reason. Can't wait to get one here to try out for myself. :)

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
It looks and sounds awesome! Everyone has been waiting for a detector like this to come out. Minelab is a sure winner with this one. I was so excited when I heard Garrett had a new machine coming out and when it was just another glorified AT series I was not thrilled at all. This new minelab is what I was waiting for!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Xterra 705 is about seven years old and in need of repairs. Think I will hold off on that and wait for this release.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JUST when you think you had things figured out. I HAD planned on ordering the AT Max around November or December, but now I'm not so sure, I have both the AT Pro & Minelab Safari, This NEW Minelab?, I'll need to see more, but for now, I've taken my finger off the trigger for the Max, no need to be in a hurry.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I new when I ordered a new detector something else would come out. My eBay deal fell through on my dues, looks like I may stay with mine lab. I can't wait to see what it can do!! I hope it is lightweight!! My right arm is slightly longer from my explorer2 but I love it. I am way overdue for a new detector!!

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could never understand why the Nokta impact wasnt multi frequency (simultaneous) and why it wasnt water proof ?! It was just a single frequency VLF....along with the AT max.... If this is even close to what Minelab are advertising - I'm in!

Strangely enough I was expecting a new release from FTP - not from minelab. This will surely hurt Garrets fumbling release of the Max

Nokta always claimed " you spoke - we listened"..... but I guess they had selective hearing :D

Chub

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, man. Got the email from Minelab... if this thing works as advertised they will have successfully parted more money from my wallet again.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far after thinking about these machines and what they have described I think minelab has listened pretty good. I know in the past I have said on this forum I would love to see a mix of the deus speed and the etrac/ctx capabilities as well as being lighter. Something you could turn on and off giving us the normal performance of the ctx but in that heavy trash are you can flip the switch and run in a fast mode.. That appears to be what they have done for a good portion of the machine. Hope it works as advertised.

So here are my conclusions as to what it still needs to be the perfect machine, Lets call it the Equinox 1000 or 1200 :D
#1...Integrated wireless headphones instead of the separate "module style" It works awesome but garret and obviously Deus have been able to do it. Makes a cleaner set up
#2...Give us the ferrous reading that we all know is a very valuable tool. All the experienced etrac and ctx owners know that is one of many awesome tools that help save time and improve efficiency in the field
#3...Internal shaft coil wire, I actually prefer having a coil wire instead of the coil being wireless(underwater coil operation) but it cleans up the machine. I am sure they went back to external for the weight savings aspect. I can live with this to keep the machine smaller, lighter.
#4... External pinpoint button like the CTX. This keeps the controls clean and it is very convenient.

I am sure many will disagree but this is what I would like to see. I give kudos to minelab for actually coming up with something newer and making it somewhat more affordable. they will sell a lot fo these machines if they perform well.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Equinox 800 will have a totally wireless headphone included - it's operating on the latest variation of Bluetooth with very very low latency. It will also have the external module like the CTX 3030, except it will not have a speaker. To me it's great to have the choice of either system...
smiley.gif

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does this mean? Aren't all buttons already external?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is internal to the main display buttons. Ctx is a stand alone button you squeeze trigger style on back side of display. Keeps your muddy paws off of the main screen and is very convient since your fingers are already wrapped around the handle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread