MINELAB HAS 3 NEW GO FIND DETECTORS

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had the 60, and it was a fun machine, I would run quiet on salt water beaches and still find things 6 inches deep in wet sand, but the build quality was shocking.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shocking? Does that mean good or bad? I haven't seen one in use anywhere.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually, shocking means bad.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have not seen them for sale any were but then i did not look that hard . I do not want one.

jhittle

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
◄ Minelab CTX 3030
◄ XP Deus
◄ Minelab Equinox 800
◄ Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a BOGO Go Find 20 took it to Hawaii and used it on the beach worked well found a lot of clad and even some Jewelry but in the end sand got in the collapsible shaft and the shaft lock. So now the shaft does not lock in place. its still a fun very compact detector that I keep in the trunk as a backup/loaner for friends that want to try detecting - i would not consider/recommend as a primary detector...

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
Word is, Minelab beefed them up. Lots of reviews griped about build quality on these.
I am seriously considering one as a trunk detector.
Trunk detectors have a different job description. Its a headache carrying around a full size detector. If you leave it assembled, its large and in the way, and prone to damage. If you pack it unassembled, its going to be too much of a pain to bother in many instances. You also don't want to drop a lot of money on one, but you don't want a junky toy either.
The Go-Find fits the job description perfectly. You pull it out, unfold and go. Its also a Minelab, so you have a real detector in your hands.
I would like to see Minelab come out with one that has waterproofing and wireless phones, even GPS as an option.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked that they could easily fit into any of my backpacks. Glad they reworked them. May have to check one out.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I purchased a Go-Find 44 for my son's 6th birthday this coming weekend. For $155 (included a carrying case), I don't think you can go wrong. I'm going to take him to his school's playground after we open it and I think we'll go to the beach for the day to give my EQ600 and his new one a whirl! I'm looking forward to seeing how it works.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Word is, Minelab beefed them up. Lots of reviews griped about build quality on these.
I am seriously considering one as a trunk detector.
Trunk detectors have a different job description. Its a headache carrying around a full size detector. If you leave it assembled, its large and in the way, and prone to damage. If you pack it unassembled, its going to be too much of a pain to bother in many instances. You also don't want to drop a lot of money on one, but you don't want a junky toy either.

Fine, as long as you don't leave it in the trunk. Extreme temps can damage a detector over time.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look up lol in the dictionary....they show a picture of a go-find....pure garbage.....I got one for my son... I used it for ten minutes and I wanted to punch
Someone in the face. I kept this all away from my son. The only thing g he liked about it was it had an app....that got old very quick.....now he uses my Ctx and I think he deleted the app.......I would never buy a go-find pos again...ya a bad move on their part ....as for the new go-find products.....a turd is a turd,... no mater how you dress it....

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
I realize that, thanks.
I had a cheap detector die on me once when I left it in the sun, in a hot closed car.
As a rule, trunks are cooler because the sunlight is reflected back, rather than thru the window to bake the detector, while the windows hold in the heat.
Its also not a good idea to leave a detector, cell phone, etc, lying out for the world to see.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize that, thanks.
I had a cheap detector die on me once when I left it in the sun, in a hot closed car.
As a rule, trunks are cooler because the sunlight is reflected back, rather than thru the window to bake the detector, while the windows hold in the heat.
Its also not a good idea to leave a detector, cell phone, etc, lying out for the world to see.

I just leave the dogs in the truck with the windows up...no one wants to get in the truck....:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread