Eureka but is it really worth the money?

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
There is one in a pawnshop near me in Albany, Oregon for $600 I think. It's been hanging on the wall there for at least six months. It's air depth on a penny is only 8 or 9". Nobody seems to want it.

Yes, it's supposed to be a gold machine, but just like other people, I noticed that if a piece of gold is BB sized or smaller, it has a hard time detecting it past 4 inches. Maybe that's why nobody wants it.. It's very unstable too around other interference, and gets really weak volume once you approach it's depth limit. I wouldn't think it is a good relic machine because it didn't do well finding my pocket knife, Swiss Victorian pen knife, or my mini-multi tool either.

About 9 inches on the two little ones, tops, sort of embarrassing. My pocket knife only was readable at around 10 inches. Heck, even the lowly cheap Ace 250 can do that.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy Money is right about the Eureka. It is Minelab's low end gold detector and isn't up to the task of a good relic detector.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked at one that a local dealer had. Wasn't all that impressed. For relics or coins I think a better choice if you wanted a Minelab would be a Soverign or an X-Terra (still under $900). For nugies I'd pick up a used SD.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Hey Sandman, how's it going?

Yes, I agree with Boogey, and in fact I have a Sov Elite Pro with a 12" Excellerator coil and stock 10". The 12 incher is a real mean SOB for depth and as all people know, the Sovs are some deep relic machines. Mine is for sale real cheap if someone wants to buy one. I'm also going to sell my White's Surfmaster PI with the "clicker" headphones too, also real cheap. PM me for more info.

Have fun

EasyMoney

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread