anybody having trouble with minelab (UPDATE)

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
I had to send in my machine again for the 7th time in the past 18 months, it been gone now for 7 weeks,I have sent 3 e-mails in the past week trying to get a possile date on repair an getting no answer at all, all other times they have answer most time same day.This the add. I sent the e-mail [email protected] ...........hope the company take over hasn't hurt customer service

FredCobol

Apr 6, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ, White's MXT Pro, White's Coinmaster 2 TR Deluxe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: anybody having trouble with minelab

I mailed mine in last Friday. They got it Monday. The guy checked it out on Tuesday and gave me a call. I received it yesterday along with a new coil and new set of headphones that they replaced under warranty. NO PROBLEMS HERE! :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Try this address, [email][email protected]
[/email]

I don't think Sandy isn't there anymore.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2

What happened to Sandy ??????

I sent my excalibur to them 2 weeks ago using 2 day shipping to have Robert install a end plug so i could use my gray ghost headphones, And had my unit back with in a week.

Sometimes it helps if you use two or three day shipping by ups so that you lessen the down time and track when they receive the unit, and then call then the next day. They have had mine three times now and i have had great sucess with there work and returing my detector in a short time.

Thank you Minelab :)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

seas1to2 said:
I had to send in my machine again for the 7th time in the past 18 months, it been gone now for 7 weeks,I have sent 3 e-mails in the past week trying to get a possile date on repair an getting no answer at all, all other times they have answer most time same day.This the add. I sent the e-mail [email protected] ...........hope the company take over hasn't hurt customer service
Are you sure they have your detector ..U.P.S. and USPS...are known for loseing mail..==Jim==

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Did you buy your machine new or used????
The only one i have ever had to send in was the original XS i have.But i had it back in a week.
Sorry to hear that Sandy is is gone.She was an excellent person to talk to and deal with...

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

I sent in a excal 1000 this year and had excellent service and communication. What take over? Was Minelab bought out?

OP
OP
S

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl

teverly said:
Did you buy your machine new or used????
The only one i have ever had to send in was the original XS i have.But i had it back in a week.
Sorry to hear that Sandy is is gone.She was an excellent person to talk to and deal with...
yes it was bought new, the 1st repair was for the meter,that lasted about 3 weeks an had to sent it back in, that lasted about 2 weeks,had to send the meter back in again, then they sent me a new 180 meter, that lasted about 2 months,had to send it back in again, then about 2 months later had to send in the whole machine, they replace the PC Board, this lasted about a month an yes had to send it in again..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Well that could mean no more minelabs for me........and i was a Minelab man..........................==Jim==

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50

Sandman is correct, try to email to [email protected]. A month ago, I send an email to that address and they answered me back next day. I don't know about Sandy???

Richard

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seas, what unit is it?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Didn't Bounty Hunter buy out Minelab? :wink: Just kidding guys and gals , don't panic! But I haven't heard about a buy out. Whats up? M ??? nty

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Codan bought Minelab, they are a major Australian electronics company.

I personally would have no problem buying another new Minelab, in fact there are several I would buy if I only had the money. X-Terra 70 or Explorer.

Seas don't get discouraged..................See you at the Shootout. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
Just got off the phone with the service dept. an my machine should be here in the next day or 2,also talk to Sandy, she's in a diffrent dept. now,I had sent her 2 e-mails an she went thru her records an found 1 of them an she sent me back a e-mail but I never got it, maybe the problem is on my end but anyway everything is back to good.Next time I have a problem I will just use the good old phone an save the headache.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
yay! glad to hear that it is going good again! They make some awesome detectors and have never heard a bad thing about their service either. Glad to see you are finding this to be true as well! :thumbsup:

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

freeze12 said:
Sandman said:
[/email]

Sandy is still at Minelab.She is now Dept. Supervisor. :thumbsup:
She deserves it.. every time I have called she has answered my questions and got my coil back to me quick....
hat's off to minelab service... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*

Gonehunting said:
freeze12 said:
Sandman said:
[/email]

Sandy is still at Minelab.She is now Dept. Supervisor. :thumbsup:
She deserves it.. every time I have called she has answered my questions and got my coil back to me quick....
hat's off to minelab service... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes She does & she is a Sweetheart & good friend & an excellent person to talk to & deal with at MineLab :icon_sunny:

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
When I first got my Explorer she stayed on the phone with me and listened to my machine as I ran it over the ground. She told me what the target probably was and I dug it and she was right!

She helped me out a lot. Then when the machine needed some TLC she was right there to get me through the whole mess.

Sandy is awesome!!!

Glad you got your machine issues worked out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread