Jackson MS please practice good digging methods.

Coin Shooter

Jan 12, 2008
Flowood Mississippi
If you are going to hunt parks and ball fields in and around Jackson MS please practice good digging methods. For the last few weeks someone around here is making the rounds through the local parks and leaving small holes and at best disturbed grass. Then when I get there and run into the caretakers they have questions about why we have started tearing up the place. And talking about stopping all detecting in the parks. One normally nice and helpful old caretaker said, “Boy it looks like a @#$% armadillo came through here, the boss ant gonna put up with this.”

I have been using a long skinny flat screwdriver for years, and leave no sign that I have dug at all. If you are in the Jackson area and would like help learning This technique, please contact me, I will be glad to help.

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
Coin Shooter said:
If you are going to hunt parks and ball fields in and around Jackson MS please practice good digging methods. For the last few weeks someone around here is making the rounds through the local parks and leaving small holes and at best disturbed grass. Then when I get there and run into the caretakers they have questions about why we have started tearing up the place. And talking about stopping all detecting in the parks. One normally nice and helpful old caretaker said, “Boy it looks like a @#$% armadillo came through here, the boss ant gonna put up with this.”

I have been using a long skinny flat screwdriver for years, and leave no sign that I have dug at all. If you are in the Jackson area and would like help learning This technique, please contact me, I will be glad to help.

Whomever is making the mess probably doesn't even participate in any forums. Maybe you could offer to fill in the holes that the messmaker is leaving behind? I know when park people start to frown on us it is a slippery slope.

OP
OP
Coin Shooter

Coin Shooter

Jan 12, 2008
Flowood Mississippi
I’m repairing them as best I can with what is left, and talking to different people with the city. One caretaker said when they see the culprit they were to call the PD and the city will charge them with defacing of public property, so for me to be careful.

snyper77

Nov 27, 2008
Greenwood, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
This is very nice of you to help out. I am just getting into this hobby by getting my kids an ACE250 for Christmas. I will teach them to respect the land and it's owners. Again, I can't thank you enough for helping us all out by patching the other person's holes. Hopefully, one day, you two will bump into each other.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread