Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHHH! DESTIN!!!! My favorite place to be! ;)

Hey John!

Nice to meet ya!

Nana ;)

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? Something fishy here.? ;D
? ? ? ? ? Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new detector.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? HH

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some good looking MDing on your right side. Nothing like that in Kentucky. Ummmmmmmmmm

Kermit

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome JOHN ;

Glad To Have You With Us.

jeff

OP
OP
msentme

msentme

Greenie
Sep 21, 2005
Destin, Florida
Thanks everyone!!!! You are definitely a great group of folks. It's always nice to be welcomed to a community with such open arms. I just got done talking to my detector dealer and it looks like I will have my machine by Wednesday. I am so excited that I can hardly stand it. I look forward to chatting with all of you and hopefully posting some good finds.
I just got back from surfing the incomming hurricane Rita swells and boy was it nice. Let's just pray for the people on the Texas coast. Living in an area that has been hit by some pretty serious storms in the last year, I do have to make one request. Please donate to the Red Cross!!!! These Ladies and Gentlemen did soooooo much for us after Ivan and should be given the credit and support that they deserve. Help them out and I promise that you will sleep a little better at night.
Thanks for being,
John Orel

D

Deadshot

Welcome aboard John! How did that hurricane treat you? I grew up a surfer, but metal detecting has sorta taken its place lately. Out here in Oregon we usually sit and wait for the storms to go away, instead of waiting for them to come :)

This is a great community so feal free to ask questions when your machine gets here (trust me you will have lots of questions :P)

Deadshot

here is a pic of me in the water.

Attachments

• Surfing.jpg
    Surfing.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1,124
OP
OP
msentme

msentme

Greenie
Sep 21, 2005
Destin, Florida
Nice longboard pic deadshot. Most of the time, our waves are only rideable with a long stick. Today on the other hand, I took out the 6'0" and it was a blast. That fish is a Pompano Fishlips. If you've never had the pleasure of tasting one, you should definitely try it out. The flakiest white meat on earth. They run through here from the east in the spring and from the west in the fall.
I will definitely be asking plenty of questions, so brace yourselves!
Thanks for being,
John

P

PrizmIV

Hi John! I live in your neighboring state Alabama. I have a vacation condo in Perdido Key not very far from you at all!

OP
OP
msentme

msentme

Greenie
Sep 21, 2005
Destin, Florida
Hello All - Just an update - I've had my Excal for almost two weeks now and am having a blast. Finds so far have been; $22.53 in clad, 1 silver cross earring, 1 Merc, 1 1944 wheat, a pewter elephant, a door knob, many pull tabs and aluminum cans, a bunch of scrap aluminum, 2 matchbox cars, other miscellaneous junk and a really mean woman trying to kick me off of the beach. I can taste that gold ring coming soon.
I have been learning so much from this forum and really appreciate all of the input and advice.
Thanks for being,
John

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
hi john! thats some great finds for such a short time! (except for the mean lady that is). :'( i have been lucky so far and havnt had any trouble with stupid people yet,but i know it will probably happen someday.it seems to happen to everyone sooner or later.did you find all of this stuff on the beach or have you tried some other types of sites?

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,good to have ya on the forum, I was stationed at Eglin and fell in love with the area. Hope you can make some good beach finds. Lots of civil war stuff an hour or so away in AL.Welcome.

S

Stan1942

Hay I am also a Newbie. I live in Crawfordville Fl but have a vacation home in Gulfport Fl. The last time I was there I checked out the beach and found a 1942 merc dime. and 15 new pennys I plan to go back in Nov and s? if I can hunt the beach behind the pink hotel. I got started hunting by my son I have not found as mush as you have but I sure do love doing it. My health won,t let me do it as mush as I want to but I try to do 2 hrs twise a w?ek. K?p everyone updated about your finds . Stan

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Welcome aboard John! I moved to SC from Panama City four years ago! I miss not being able to just run over to the beach! I moved before I started detecting.......what a bummer. Enjoy yourself with your new hobby. I'll look forward to your posts.

Happy Hunting!

Moon

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Nice finds so far this year -- did you have that door nob with you when the lady was trying to chase you off the beach? I haven't had any mean people say a word to me -- maybe they just get the feeling that I am 1 step away from the loony bin. ;D ;D Keep it up

Chester Copper Pot

Apr 16, 2005
WI
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro
Oh what I could find with more time in FL. I visited Destin Beach on the Tuesday after Katrina hit. They were plowing the sand from the road on the West bound side. Welcome to the forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions