In the Mood....

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it...we are snowed/iced in here in the Dallas area as well. Blustery. We have not had a winter like this since the massive ice storm of 1979 in which I totaled my brand new 1979 Camaro... :'(

The old big band sound is wonderful.

Your avatar, is that a perfect rack? :dontknow:

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Oh, I bet the year '79 sticks with you huh?

If by perfect you mean side identical, almost but not perfectly so. It's a bronze skull and rack.

We've just had a big snowstorm on top of last week's blizzard here in N. Okla. 20" last week, 18" last night. Unbelievable! I think we're still the southern Plains?

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Really liked the 'String of Pearls'. Listening to the sound & seeing the styles & class of those of 'yesterday'
surely show us nothing today compares. Thanks.

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
That's a good point tubecity. At least as far as reaching the general public like Glenn Miller did, there isn't a band or orchestra that is popular like that. Trans-siberan Orchestra comes close, but you only hear them played at Christmas, and while I enjoyed seeing them in person, I don't think I could do that light show and volumn every day. There's a new thread, Who's the classiest act today? whose got the most style? (Not shock, show or volumn) Just sheer class?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread